Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
interesting...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Question, it mentions that if you have a base model then you need to get the PP Radiator, but if you don't have a base model does that mean you already have an upgraded radiator? (or how do you tell if you do have the lower performance one?)

·
Super Moderator
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question, it mentions that if you have a base model then you need to get the PP Radiator, but if you don't have a base model does that mean you already have an upgraded radiator? (or how do you tell if you do have the lower performance one?)
A boost gauge in the dash.

·
Registered
876 Posts
All of these comments are right on the money. As far as radiators go, I know that Mishimoto has a radiator for the EB Mustang that has even more cooling capacity than the PP one. It fits both the standard and PP cars. One nice feature of it is that it's all-aluminum. The tanks are welded to the core. It's not like the cheesy factory radiators that have plastic tanks that are notorious for cracking and leaking at the most inopportune times. When it's time to upgrade, I'm putting one of those in my car.

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
634 Posts
Their owners smiles are a tad bit smaller.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Okay, thanks all, I knew the PP came with most of those upgrades and that I do not have one, the article just made it sound like maybe anything above base had the PP radiator. I had been looking up everything that I want for my build and the Mishimoto radiator was one of these upgrades but was not sure if it would be worth it if my radiator was already upgraded. But sounds like it is not.
Thanks again all,

·
Super Moderator
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, thanks all, I knew the PP came with most of those upgrades and that I do not have one, the article just made it sound like maybe anything above base had the PP radiator. I had been looking up everything that I want for my build and the Mishimoto radiator was one of these upgrades but was not sure if it would be worth it if my radiator was already upgraded. But sounds like it is not.
Thanks again all,
When I bust my radiator, I'll be going with the Mishimoto or the SVE in aluminum. Great heat transfer and good quality control as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
Is the radiator in the v8 a drop in or complete waste of time?
I would think it should just drop in, but I don't know how much better it would be. I have to figure it's set up to cool the V8 so it should have excess capacity for the 4-cyl... In looking at them online... The V8 Radiator would displace the intercooler in the ecoboost...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts