Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car: 2018 Mustang EcoBoost.
So I just installed a CVF race intercooler, CVF charging pipes with the HKS flange, obviously also got the HKS blow off valve for that flange. (HKS SSQV IV)
I've done tons of research regarding this but can't seem to understand how this blow off valve runs back into the PCV.

The instructions state, "The SSQV must be activated by intake manifold pressure."
There is a fitting at the top of the blow off valve (Image attatched) for a vacuum hose to attach to, which runs to the HKS air filter that would then need to be run by another vacuum hose to somewhere that receives intake manifold pressure.

Only thing I can think of is the PCV...
My driver side PCV has been switched out with a JLT Air/Oil seperator 3.0.
So I'm assuming I'd have to modify my passenger side PCV valve to make this work.
(P.S: The flange is on the hot side, which is on the passenger side, so this should work??)

I just don't want to make any permanent adjustments to my PCV without at least asking if there's another/better way to do this?
If my assumption is correct, I'd need to make a hole in my passenger side PCV hose, use something like a t-fitting with some thread tape and route it that way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time :)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
The easiest way is to use one of the below solutions, or something similar. I've got the Turbosmart one on mine running my HKS BOV and have no complaints.

CPE MAPTap
Turbosmart

Reactions: Coyote Chaser
1 - 2 of 2 Posts