Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went straight from stage 1 to stage 3 after I installed the intercooler also as I already had the intake/exhaust....certainly felt a power pickup but I don't know if it was more from the intercooler or stage 3 tune....or both

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I went straight from stage 1 to stage 3 after I installed the intercooler also as I already had the intake/exhaust....certainly felt a power pickup but I don't know if it was more from the intercooler or stage 3 tune....or both
Do you have the downpipe? I think Cobb says to change the downpipe before going to Stage 3.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Probably both!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sarge I have a turbo-back exhaust....when you getting your intercooler Z?
They are telling me ships 1 May. This after yelling me ships 21 March. Who the hell knows. Frustrating .

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ran Stage one for a few Weeks but I was told to just get a Pro Tune because its safer and overall a lot better. Its actually a tune for YOUR car, weather and other factors are taken into place by your tuner he will dial your car in perfect. Just advice hope it helps :)

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I ran Stage one for a few Weeks but I was told to just get a Pro Tune because its safer and overall a lot better. Its actually a tune for YOUR car, weather and other factors are taken into place by your tuner he will dial your car in perfect. Just advice hope it helps :)
Yes, that is definitely the plan...trying to wait until after summer. Do you have a pro tune ? if so which one ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Any guess as to what kind of horsepower you are putting out with the 91 tune? Big difference from the Cobb stage 1 ? I was considering PD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any guess as to what kind of horsepower you are putting out with the 91 tune? Big difference from the Cobb stage 1 ? I was considering PD.
On E30 Im pushing 330WHP/387WTrq. Im guessing like 295-300WHP on 91. Wish we had 93 out here in Cali. But ima just go full E85 and be done with it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I finally broke down and bought a Cobb access port and loaded the Stage 1 tune yesterday. ( I have been telling myself that I wasn't going to do it until the odometer hit 36000....but I did not make it...lol.) Have any regulars here stayed on the stage 1 for any length of time without an intercooler upgrade? The reason that I ask is that I have not seen where anyone has had any mechanical failures running the stage 1 and I may stay put here for a while...or at least try. The next upgrade is the intercooler for sure, but I am hoping to hold off until the end of the year for that (There was some great Black Friday deals last year) Oh...btw....for anyone who is on the fence about adding the Cobb tune....it really is a different car now...very happy!!
Hey so i got ny cobb second hand i installed it no problem but i got the p0171 code fixed it an re installed the tune an boom its back. Im running stage 1 91 octane mods are custom exhaust drop filter help please

·
Registered
403 Posts
If it’s still got a warranty take it straight to the dealer.
Most common causes for P0171 on an eco mustang, fuel pressure sensor, evap, exhaust leak before the O2 sensors, vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did any of you receive any backfire when going to stage one tune? I just installed it and I get a lot of backfire when I floor it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I didn't have any backfiring when I was stage 1.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Did any of you receive any backfire when going to stage one tune? I just installed it and I get a lot of backfire when I floor it.
I had that problem once and turned out to be an exhaust leak between turbo and downpipe causing the downstream O2 sensor to read lean. The PCM was running rich in an attempt to compensate.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts