Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive seen it asked so anyone on the fence from Cobb OTS to Pro tuning its certainly worth it, my car feels quicker on takeoff and real strong from like 30 to 80MPH. Cant wait for the E30 tune. Need to run my tank down. I feel like racing all the sudden.
Easily of the upgrades the best $350 spent.
And according to these numbers tuned by Adam or PD seem quite similar.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
514 Posts
So I'm running the NX2 and am only seeing 22-23psi for the numbers I've hit. I believe Ryan is getting me the power with timing and other limit tweaks vs boost. Do you look at your logs before you send them off? It's pretty cool to see what the car is doing at WOT.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I'm running the NX2 and am only seeing 22-23psi for the numbers I've hit. I believe Ryan is getting me the power with timing and other limit tweaks vs boost. Do you look at your logs before you send them off? It's pretty cool to see what the car is doing at WOT.

I have no clue how to read them. i wanted to. But would i understand what they mean?

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
514 Posts
I know most get 2 or 3 updates so i thought it was odd one and done. But car seems really faster.
That's odd to me, my final 91 tune ended up being v1.8 and 18 datalogs later. Right now I'm on v1.6 of the e30 tune and will be sending datalog 13 and 14 tomorrow. The first 10 logs or so was the 5th gear WOT from 3k to 6k. The rest were 2nd gear all the way through 4th gear WOT 3k to 6k. I don't understand everything on the logs but I mainly look at boost, ignition correction all 4 cylinders, knock and timing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's odd to me, my final 91 tune ended up being v1.8 and 18 datalogs later. Right now I'm on v1.6 of the e30 tune and will be sending datalog 13 and 14 tomorrow. The first 10 logs or so was the 5th gear WOT from 3k to 6k. The rest were 2nd gear all the way through 4th gear WOT 3k to 6k. I don't understand everything on the logs but I mainly look at boost, ignition correction all 4 cylinders, knock and timing.

hmm, way more went into yours, should i be worried? Car is powerful seems comparable to your numbers. I told him going in i wanted low end for a faster 0-60.

·
Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The powertrain warranty is 5/60 not 3/36 but 36k is a good time to allow for any engine defects to materialize.
the 5/60 is for powertrain but knowing myself, ill end up folding sometime before it and slapping a tune on lmao but yeah ill try my best to fend off temptation.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So today was 1st time i set drag mode and floored it from standstill. The car had waaaay more take off. I didnt know drag mode did that, had so much more than i was expecting i lifted.
Residential area.
I was wondering is this something Adam does with the tuning. It throws you back and like slingshots you when shifting. I dont recall it doing that before or maybe never tried drag mode.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,164 Posts
the 5/60 is for powertrain but knowing myself, ill end up folding sometime before it and slapping a tune on lmao but yeah ill try my best to fend off temptation.
TBH with you I've been lucky enough to own several nice cars in the past 30 years. From 260z to a Supra mkiii and a R33 all dd. I modified ALL of them, one car even had 75shot of Noz on progressive controllers. You know what?

There was ALWAYS someone that had blown an engine and blamed it on either a weak component or the tune.

I NEVER had any issue with ANY of the cars I had. The worst thing I had was a snapped manifold stud on the R33 and a hard to start 260z

Even the Supra MKiii was faithful never missed a beat and that had the 7m gte engine in it..

What I do see alot is just how much abuse the average person gives there car. Even those that say they look after them treat them like absolute ****. I mean I don't exactly hang or change the oil more then the service intervals suggests, but my God they really abuses the motors and I think that is where the real problem is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
So today was 1st time i set drag mode and floored it from standstill. The car had waaaay more take off. I didnt know drag mode did that, had so much more than i was expecting i lifted.
Residential area.
I was wondering is this something Adam does with the tuning. It throws you back and like slingshots you when shifting. I dont recall it doing that before or maybe never tried drag mode.
thats normal for drag mode, it should kick you in the butt every shift at WOT. Drag mode is super fun and is really fun for passengers too lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
TBH with you I've been lucky enough to own several nice cars in the past 30 years. From 260z to a Supra mkiii and a R33 all dd. I modified ALL of them, one car even had 75shot of Noz on progressive controllers. You know what?

There was ALWAYS someone that had blown an engine and blamed it on either a weak component or the tune.

I NEVER had any issue with ANY of the cars I had. The worst thing I had was a snapped manifold stud on the R33 and a hard to start 260z

Even the Supra MKiii was faithful never missed a beat and that had the 7m gte engine in it..

What I do see alot is just how much abuse the average person gives there car. Even those that say they look after them treat them like absolute ****. I mean I don't exactly hang or change the oil more then the service intervals suggests, but my God they really abuses the motors and I think that is where the real problem is.
i could most definitely fit into that catagory of “people who beat their cars up” but i dont think i do it nearly as much as some of the people in my area like redlining constantly it when its cold. I usually let it warm up, i.e. let the revs drop after cold starting, refraining from going hard when the trans fluid is cold, keeping it under 2.5 k rpm when its cold, doing regular servicing, preventative maintenance i.e. oil catch can, intercooler, low side fuel pressure monitor swap, etc etc. but when its up to temp, its go time. i definitely drive with some pep to my step, i get around 22 MPG around where i live with many stops and such. I do (albeit rarely nowadays) race people and do 0-60 & 0-100 mph tests . I have no idea if im “beating” on my car or if im just driving as intended. But getting a good reading on reliability is difficult as, like you said, people treat their engines differently. I just wish i could truly know if i slapped a tune on my pony if it would put a window in my block or stay chugging like yours. An R33 and A Supra MK3 eh? What made you get away from that?

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,164 Posts
i could most definitely fit into that catagory of “people who beat their cars up” but i dont think i do it nearly as much as some of the people in my area like redlining constantly it when its cold. I usually let it warm up, i.e. let the revs drop after cold starting, refraining from going hard when the trans fluid is cold, keeping it under 2.5 k rpm when its cold, doing regular servicing, preventative maintenance i.e. oil catch can, intercooler, low side fuel pressure monitor swap, etc etc. but when its up to temp, its go time. i definitely drive with some pep to my step, i get around 22 MPG around where i live with many stops and such. I do (albeit rarely nowadays) race people and do 0-60 & 0-100 mph tests . I have no idea if im “beating” on my car or if im just driving as intended. But getting a good reading on reliability is difficult as, like you said, people treat their engines differently. I just wish i could truly know if i slapped a tune on my pony if it would put a window in my block or stay chugging like yours. An R33 and A Supra MK3 eh? What made you get away from that?
Still have the Skyline been in storage for 12 years next week. Sold the Supra to my dad when I moved to Australia and bought myself a Silvia S14 Zenki over here. I'll get the Skyline imported one day...............one day

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Still have the Skyline been in storage for 12 years next week. Sold the Supra to my dad when I moved to Australia and bought myself a Silvia S14 Zenki over here. I'll get the Skyline imported one day...............one day
Damn man, you got the whole JDM line up, it must be niceeeee im tryna get like you my boy 😭
I hope the Skyline can come soon man!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,164 Posts
Damn man, you got the whole JDM line up, it must be niceeeee im tryna get like you my boy 😭
I hope the Skyline can come soon man!
Thanks for the kinds words. I had a 260z for a while too. Was one of the first cars I bought here. Still had the original L26 engine in it. Bought it for $3k sold it a few years later for $14k. Repainted it my garage too.

Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Car

Reactions: jt.s550

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Thanks for the kinds words. I had a 260z for a while too. Was one of the first cars I bought here. Still had the original L26 engine in it. Bought it for $3k sold it a few years later for $14k. Repainted it my garage too.

View attachment 41671
Absolutely beautiful. I love the red man. Incredible car.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts