Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
510 Posts
i got my E30 tune file today, turns out the gas station that had E85 that was 2 miles from me closed down a month ago so i will have to travel 21 miles to nearest location now.
Im looking at fuel level input in accessport and it reads 2/4 not a percentage. What gives? I thought there would be a percentage number there.
What year is your car again? Mines a 2020 and reads %

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the fencers debating worth it to protune from COBB OTS like i was, hell yes. On E30 you have the power to scare the crap out of a passenger. COBB OTS doesnt come close to doing that.
Best money i have spent in long long time. I now feel like i have a sports car and my 1st spirited run on E30 when car hit 3rd gear and slipped it scared me a bit with oncoming traffic and that made me smile. Wasnt expecting that much power. COBB OTS stage 2 i could not break the tires from a standstill.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Nearly 50,000Kms now on the conservative Cobb Stage 1 tune... Not a single problem.

Reactions: jt.s550 and Elamcup

·
Registered
37 Posts
COBB stage 2 was around 340HP consistantly. This is with Race sized Speed Factory IC, MBRP race cat back, 1step colder NGK's. Investement $1900. Then went pro tuning with Adam on 93 gas with upgraded wastegate another $500. Pushed it to about 390HP then tuned for E30. Easily what added most power was the pro tuning but the E30 really puts the car in a different class. Still get 19MPG city always throttling heavy on takeoff and still can hit 32 or more highway at 65MPH in cruise. Car even seems to shift better not hanging in gear needing a little more throttle to get it to upshift. Shifts much quicker smoother with added power. This from last night with some cooler Florida temps. I am 100% satisfied with the car now, i was close to selling Mustang getting a nice truck, now im not letting this car go, its too much fun too have that much acceleration power and am buying a cheaper truck for the times when ya need one.

Font Electric blue Audio equipment Number Electronic engineering

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, you’re definitely one of the few whos pushed me to the point where i actually want to post and see peoples consensus on it. Because i bought mine new, pushed the block fairly hard for a bit and havent had issues thus far and im very close to eclipsing 20k miles. Our experiences with our cars are very similar id say, both new, both have bolt ons, both have cobb accessport tunes (you have installed , i havent but have the ability to) . But i have heard countless stories of ecoboom alongside the success stories. Im super on the fence and its rather annoying speaking to me , im sure most are thinking “just pick one or the other” but its not simple to me, the dilemma is basically:

Tune: Have lots of fun, be free to do whatever i want, finally completely assemble the bolt ons i installed and make them all work together for better performance, have a huge smile when i drive, start gapping cars i never could before

No tune: Be fairly secured financially, less anxiety towards my car and if im sitting on a grenade waiting to f- me over, be reassured i’ll probably make it to my next car without having this one blow itself up, trade in/ selling it would be less of a hassle,

Im sure i put in several misconceptions/ missed things i should be considering but its 2 am and im on my phone lol.
Who even needs a tune unless they are taking it to the drags or yrack?

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,161 Posts
Well someone like me.

I like the. "It's only a four banger" and look of surprise followed by a long "no" that would contend with many a Chinese.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here in Maryland the gasoline octane ratings are 87, 89 and 93. Ford tuned the engine for 91 octane. Since I am putting 93 octane in my car I want it tuned to take advantage of the higher octane. The car is my daily driver, I have no plans to race the car.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts