Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is latin, so any car with two doors is deemed “anti-seugra”, roughly translates, a car bought by a man that dislikes his mother in law. Anywhoo, I put new shoes on the wife’s Armada a couple of days ago, and decided to prep the new tires and coat them with tuff shine. And it needed a wash. So I got up at 7 this morning, and went to work. Just was going to scrub the tires, quick outside ONR, and do the interior later. Which is like the bottom of a purse, total mess. I was just on the last two panels of the ONR, and she had to go somewhere. I said take the mustang. Flat out refused, and went into a tirade about how uncomfortable the mustang is, and it’s too small. She’s 5’0” if that and 98 pounds. She hates my car. So now I have a wife driving around in an Armada that is a poor reflection on me. First world problems.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Final addition to this from me, never buy a car you NEED A LADDR TO WASH!!! That Armada is huge. The name suits it. It’s like as tall as a Spanish ship.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, she "likes" it a hell of a lot more than the 600hp, loud as a MF'er, barely street legal vette I had before the Mustang, so there's that. Its all relative. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
No comment from the wife.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I hear you about washing the big cars. Mine has an Expedition and I hate washing that big thing. I usually don’t hand wash it anymore and it pisses my wife off that I’ll spend hours washing the mustang and then just drive hers through the auto wash. She does hate my mustang and can’t stand driving it. Mostly because it’s a stick. She loved my auto I had before. I’m glad she doesn’t like driving it because she doesn’t pay enough attention to speed bumps and low spots and tries to drive it like the Expedition. Not a good combo for lowered cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
When I first started seeking approval, read as "bugging the heck out of her", to buy a Mustang, she initially flat out refused, mainly I think because she didn't think our girls would fit in the back. They (13 & 9yo) do by the way. However, back to the topic... Once she finally relented and we started taking trips in the Stang with the top down, I think she really started coming around. She's no fan of how much money I've dropped into it since purchasing, but she does like to drive it on occasion, and when shes does, enjoys the throttle response & torque.

So, while I wouldn't say she loves it now, I would say she is at least tolerating it. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lol...my case is the opposite. I fell in love with the Mustang when it was first released and saved up for years until I finally went out and bought it... Hubby: "its only 2 doors, its much too expensive, what about the fuel consumption, we don't need another car... etc etc". I just went out and bought it anyway. However, about 2 weeks later I found him lovingly washing and polishing the car.. and then I knew he was smitten too!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Met my wife at a cruise-in event and she had a 2011 Mustang V6 gray. She liked my S550 so much, that once we were engaged, we got her a 2016 Mustang V6 gray. The problem I have now is affording upgrades for 2 cars since she shares my passion (obsession).

·
Registered
45 Posts
My wife complains that she has to be careful getting into my 2018 coupe and likes her 2017 Explorer for driving. She does like the fuel economy of my Ecoboost on longer trips where I get 10+ MPG better than her car. When I started looking to replace my 2008 convertible, she asked if I was going to buy a SUV. I liked my convertible, but love this coupe!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
My wife is latin, so any car with two doors is deemed “anti-seugra”, roughly translates, a car bought by a man that dislikes his mother in law. Anywhoo, I put new shoes on the wife’s Armada a couple of days ago, and decided to prep the new tires and coat them with tuff shine. And it needed a wash. So I got up at 7 this morning, and went to work. Just was going to scrub the tires, quick outside ONR, and do the interior later. Which is like the bottom of a purse, total mess. I was just on the last two panels of the ONR, and she had to go somewhere. I said take the mustang. Flat out refused, and went into a tirade about how uncomfortable the mustang is, and it’s too small. She’s 5’0” if that and 98 pounds. She hates my car. So now I have a wife driving around in an Armada that is a poor reflection on me. First world problems.
Sounds like a hot spicy wife ..I'm sure its a good tradeoff ..otherwise you wouldn't take the punishment and And still have the Mustang but you choose to have both.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My wife doesn't hate it, but she doesn't love it either. Hates the seats, hates the suspension, hates when I drive faster than I should. But, she knows I love it, so she's supportive. All I can ask for.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine loves it. Bought the automatic specifically so she could drive it now and then. Now how she likes my driving with her in it is a different question.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like a hot spicy wife ..I'm sure its a good tradeoff ..otherwise you wouldn't take the punishment and And still have the Mustang but you choose to have both.
She is hot and spicy, and i love her!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not my wife, but my boyfriend is a Chevy guy...has a '67 Camaro. (And actually more of a Honda guy, has had his '93 CRX for 16 years.) My mustang was the first mustang he'd ever sat in!!! :O He was surprised by the power "for a 4-banger" and he likes driving it.
I'll make him a convert yet!!!! :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not my wife, but my boyfriend is a Chevy guy...has a '67 Camaro. (And actually more of a Honda guy, has had his '93 CRX for 16 years.) My mustang was the first mustang he'd ever sat in!!! :O He was surprised by the power "for a 4-banger" and he likes driving it.
You go girl!!! :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Since being married to her since '83, she's owned a '66 Mustang, an '84 Trans Am, '87 Grand National, '69 Super Bee, and has been promised by her grandfather that she'll be getting his '01 GT. I'm sure you see where this is going...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It's ok to like both !!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts