Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My wife does not hate my Mustang, she is happy knowing that I am happy with it.

What she does not like though, is very time we need to go somewhere, and need to carry extra adult passengers, we have to take her SUV.
It's the impracticality of being a two door coupe I think she does not like. :)
In her mind, if it had 4 doors and could carry adults in the back seats in comfort, that would be perfect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is happy I am happy, which is nice. However, the two-door-no-back-seat thing has already become an issue. I may be ostracized for saying so, but this is really an impractical car. Even more so than I thought. We are heading to our cabin in the mountains this weekend, and I may park the Mustang there and bring back my trusty, dinged and dented Taurus which, fortunately, we kept.
Taurus 4th of July cabin 4.jpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Opinions will vary on what is considered practical based on the person and what is important to them (or their significant other). To me its not impractical, because it checks all my boxes. I love the looks, handling, power, don't want rear seat passengers, carries what I need for a trip, can drag a small trailer or jet ski around with my stealth hitch, good on gas, easy to work on, plenty of upgrades out there, love the looks (had to repeat that), and draws a lot of attention wherever I go. If I want to go somewhere with more people than just my wife, I have them follow in their own car or meet us. I don't need to talk to everyone on the way to where I'm going, its distracting and interferes with me listening to my music (exhaust), and can wait till we get to the destination.

I see a lot of people purchase a vehicle without fully understanding all the requirements they need to consider and then buyer's regret sets in.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Opinions will vary on what is considered practical based on the person and what is important to them (or their significant other). To me its not impractical, because it checks all my boxes. I love the looks, handling, power, don't want rear seat passengers, carries what I need for a trip, can drag a small trailer or jet ski around with my stealth hitch, good on gas, easy to work on, plenty of upgrades out there, love the looks (had to repeat that), and draws a lot of attention wherever I go. If I want to go somewhere with more people than just my wife, I have them follow in their own car or meet us. I don't need to talk to everyone on the way to where I'm going, its distracting and interferes with me listening to my music (exhaust), and can wait till we get to the destination.

I see a lot of people purchase a vehicle without fully understanding all the requirements they need to consider and then buyer's regret sets in.
My wife thinks its impractical to us, and she's right (usually is). But, we have 2 small children. For now, they fit fine (3 & 7). They won't forever though and I knew that going into it. 2 more years of daycare and student loans though and I'll have another new vehicle to go along with this one (practical this time, of course). Honestly, if I didn't have kids, I would have done a rear seat delete already.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I may be ostracized for saying so, but this is really an impractical car. View attachment 32771
You don't know impractical until you've experienced Miata impractical. Not the old ones, the 2016s+. First of all, it's a roadster [no back seat at all] and the trunk is just large enough to fit a dinner plate. (The opening MAY be large enough to stuff a platter, but that's stretching it. My 1990 Miata [first gen] had a ridiculously large trunk and more cabin space behind the driver (on what is affectionately called "the shelf").

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Opinions will vary on what is considered practical based on the person and what is important to them (or their significant other).
I couldn't agree more. The Mustang is my daily driver and weekend get away car.

For me there is nothing that would be more practical. It looks great, handles great, stops great, has plenty of power and gets very good mileage. The trunk is bigger than the trunk in my wife's 4 door sedan and with the fold down rear seats has all the room i need to haul stuff.

On the rare occasions i need to have people in the back seat i just take my wife's car. Thinking back to when i was first married all my daily drivers have been two door coupes, never felt that any of them were not practicle.

Dave

·
Registered
622 Posts
My wife thinks its impractical to us, and she's right (usually is). But, we have 2 small children. For now, they fit fine (3 & 7). They won't forever though and I knew that going into it. 2 more years of daycare and student loans though and I'll have another new vehicle to go along with this one (practical this time, of course). Honestly, if I didn't have kids, I would have done a rear seat delete already.
'Can't remember where I read it, but an article about the new (back then) S550 mentioned that the rear seat, in certain states, could be considered child abuse!

·
Registered
782 Posts
'Can't remember where I read it, but an article about the new (back then) S550 mentioned that the rear seat, in certain states, could be considered child abuse!
I can agree to that. I only ever sit in it to clean the back windows, and my head rubs on the ceiling. I'm not a tall man either at 5'8" ha.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Maybe this is what some wives hate :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine loves it. She's not only a car grrl, but a Ford grrl. And that's how she spells it. Her and her sister came up with a definition for a grrl compared to a girl, which I cant remember right now, but it has to do with liking cars, like getting grease under their nails, etc. When I say she likes cars, she has a '67 Cougar, Dan Gurney Special (different wheels and a sticker), that she's owned since 1976 and was her daily driver for years. She also likes going to the racetrack and has her own racecar (a '70 fastback that runs 6.40's in the 1/8.)

·
Registered
507 Posts
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I was originally looking at Challengers. My wife suggested a convertible, and since I don't particularly like the Camaro styling, that left the Mustang. She's driven it twice, once with me in it and once up north taking a friend out (while I was gone with her husband). She loves riding in it, so it will be around for a long time.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts