Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
201 Posts
I think it is a safety issue. One to save on gas, but also in case you simply forget to shut the car off when you exit - reduces chances of carbon monoxide poisoning or someone taking your car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No data to back this and while i haven't had a boom I think lugging could be a major factor. Its easy to do without recognizing it especially at low speeds and/or pulling a hill. I have watched while in 6th gear doing 70mph hit a hill so i give it slightly more throttle notice my knock go negative between -1to -2
To almost instantly go positive to about 2.5 and get some ignition corrections. It seems to me the ecu is calling for more power in a lug then immediately gets knock and starts to pull power. Everytime you let off and apply throttle again it will repeat. I normally drive in 5th unless im 70mph+ and even then when pulling hills i will drop to 5th. And tbh i haven't seen a negative impact on MPG i adverage around 24-25 50/50 highway and city and rarely see knock or ignition corrections this way. The ecu is doing its job but repeatedly i can see this causing accumulated stress and all the more so the more aggressive of a tune.

Again no data just a thought and probably way off.
My hope is that this engine that’s coming out of an 2019 A6 hasn’t experienced much lugging or hard use. I’m going to try to take care of this new(er) engine and hopefully won’t experience any issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently experienced Ecoboom on my 2015 Eco at 83,000 miles. I had an E30 tune with just an intercooler upgrade for about 15,000 miles. But I was experiencing idle issues, misfires on start, and unusually high knock before this occurred. We believe it’s a spun rod, and I have a video issue in my thread on this board. I’m replacing the engine with a 2019 w/ 25,000 miles on it.
Dude it sounds like spark plug bro you have to change spark plugs every 5000

41 - 47 of 47 Posts