Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hold up on traction up for 5 seconds accept the warning then put it in track mode. Still feel trash control taking control of the car a lot

·
Registered
2020 a10 2.3L, airaid intake tube, k and n air filter, Muffler delete, cobb stage 1
56 Posts
I'm not sure about the mustang but i know car companies often don't allow you to fully turn traction control off, they will tell u that it is off but in reality its not, instead you would have to tug around in your cars battery system I'm pretty sure. I know companies like acura and Lexus do this but Ford I'm not entirely sure of.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
You can always try pulling the "dyno plug" on the fender behind the air box. Thet fully disables it, but can result in other systems not being happy.

Reactions: kerryemmert

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After consulting Google and YouTube.

The car needs to be in track mode 1st the turn traction control off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Out for a drive yesterday and came up to a red light at a major intersection. Was more than several cars back, so only witnessed from a distance as a Mustang made a right turn (so now heading the same direction as me) and nearly lost it. Probably didn’t because there wasn’t a crowd gathered to hit. I mentioned to my wife that this is a problem because you never really know what the car is going to do, as regards intervening. I learned driving without nannies, so all you had was your two hands and feet. I think a lot of issues crop up with the car constantly changing the dynamics and catching the driver out. I would really like to try my car with everything completely off but I’m not sure that can be done without pulling fuses, as mentioned above.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Out for a drive yesterday and came up to a red light at a major intersection. Was more than several cars back, so only witnessed from a distance as a Mustang made a right turn (so now heading the same direction as me) and nearly lost it. Probably didn’t because there wasn’t a crowd gathered to hit. I mentioned to my wife that this is a problem because you never really know what the car is going to do, as regards intervening. I learned driving without nannies, so all you had was your two hands and feet. I think a lot of issues crop up with the car constantly changing the dynamics and catching the driver out. I would really like to try my car with everything completely off but I’m not sure that can be done without pulling fuses, as mentioned above.
This! I had the same type thing happen and you hit the nail on the head. I'm not a pro race car driver but I can slide the tail, turn corners essentially with the throttle etc in pre nanny cars, but no idea wth the car is going to do because tc is mostly off sometimes but not others all while being set the same way, same drive mode etc. I did the same damned thing to where the traction control was really off and I swung the tail around very wide and thought to myself, well glad I didn't kill a crowd of people or break a couple rims or rip the **** out of the suspension and undercarriage while going over a curb. It's not the end of the world but it pisses me off that I have no idea what the car is going to do. I really think it's dangerous, but what do I know.

·
Registered
2019 EB PP
70 Posts
Track mode should automatically turn off traction control, at least it does on my 19 PP. Try putting it in track mode first and then holding up the traction control button to disable the Advancetrac.

Any setting you choose with be reset when switching between modes so that is the first step.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Track mode should automatically turn off traction control, at least it does on my 19 PP. Try putting it in track mode first and then holding up the traction control button to disable the Advancetrac.

Any setting you choose with be reset when switching between modes so that is the first step.
That is how you do it. Track mode 1st then disable traction control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Are you guys talking about traction control or stability control (Ford calls it Advance Trac), sounds like you are talking about stability control.

Each of the driving modes have different calibrations for traction control and stability control. Track Mode turns off traction control but maintains a less intrusive calibration for stability control.

Whether in Track Mode or using the traction control switch to turn off traction control it is off. I can easily smoke the tires through first gear and catch rubber in second before the tires gain traction. Can't do that any other way.

Now to turn off stability control you must have your foot on the brake then hold the traction control button until you get a message that it is off in the dash display. You can do that in any driving mode. Can't say it is 100% off but it lets me do my best impression of Von Gitten hanging the rear out in a drift with no interference.

Dave

·
Registered
318 Posts
You have two modes. Traction and AdvanceTrac. To have full TQ to the wheels you have to cut both. Problem is as was mentioned the computer will still read the road and if it determines the car is out of control will turn Traction back on. That is when the driver normally will spin out. As he is in control or so he thinks and turns into the drift then TC kicks back on and thinks you want to go in the direction of the wheels so it starts TQ steering the rear causing you to go beyond straight and in some cases looping you completely around.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
908 Posts
I don't have to put foot on brack to turn off advance trac and can even do it on the fly. Or am I not turning it off completely even if it comes up on the centre dash advance trac off?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't have to put foot on brack to turn off advance trac and can even do it on the fly. Or am I not turning it off completely even if it comes up on the centre dash advance trac off?
Dunno? I have seen others say this. I have to be stopped and hold the break.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I don't recall having to step on the brake to turn it off with my 15 but I certainly do with my 17 and the owners manual states that you do.

Dave

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
908 Posts
Got a 17 also. Don't have to step on the brake to turn it off????? May be because it's MT not an AT??

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a 2017, with automatic, and don't need to step on the brake to turn it off. And I can do it on the fly just by flipping the button.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
908 Posts
Interesting. I checked the manual and no mention of having to put your foot on the brake in an 2017 delivered ADM Mustang.

Was told by the dealer, put in race mode and then hold traction control button up for 7 seconds/wait for advance trac off to appear on dash hit ok and all nannies are off and that's all I've done since the day I got her it's also how I had her tuned.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang 6MT HPP/HP
110 Posts
To turn everything off on my 2020 HPP, I go to track mode then with my foot on the brake, hold the traction control rocker up for about 8-10 seconds before the advance trac pop up comes on. Then everything is off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts