Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had instances on the autocross course where, even in Track Mode, with AdvanceTrac off, and the car will "override" me and turn the stability control back on. Two times where I've noticed this...one, on a long autocross enduro event (five simultaneous laps) and around lap three or four, it turned on. The other time was on my first run on the last event of the year, so temps were a little low. Shifted from 1st to 2nd, and rear end decided it was a good time to go sideways. Stability Control popped back on. I've found that the stability control is not that intrusive, though. Hard to tell from the video, but that power cut looks pretty sudden.
On one of my first autocross runs in the car last year, had the same thing happen on a hard left 180. Actually, BluHPP was in the car with me at the time, too. Never figured out what caused it. Felt almost like fuel starvation, but I had maybe 1/3 tank. Never been able to duplicate it, even with less than 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I thought I read in the manual to turn off traction control off on slick road conditions and it even said that seams counter productive but was recommended.
I can’t find it in the manual now, did I dream it ??

·
Registered
2019 EB PP
70 Posts
Manually turning traction control off will not disable advance track. Even manually disabling advance track it will come back on while autocrossing if you get too out of shape. When it comes back on it will do strange things. Either leave it on (which will save your time as you are to far out of shape for a good run) or try disconnecting the dyno plug next to the air cleaner box.

I turn off traction control and leave on advanced Trac for autocross myself. I do have the Ford Perfomace tune which did a great job with remapping the auto Trans and nannies though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts