Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a 2020 ecoboost HPP, and i'm wondering if anyone else out there has tuned the HPP? I'm trying to find out if it's worth it for my vehicle. I don't have any modifications done yet, but i want to see if i can optimize the car to run on 93

If anyone here has modified/ tuned an HPP ecoboost, i'd love to hear your experiences.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a 2020 ecoboost HPP, and i'm wondering if anyone else out there has tuned the HPP? I'm trying to find out if it's worth it my vehicle. I don't have any modifications done yet, but i want to see if i can optimize the car to run on 93

If anyone here has modified/ tuned an HPP ecoboost, i'd love to hear your experiences.
Cobb has added support for the HPP EcoBoost so you can make power with a tune. Perhaps Ryan or Adam from their respective tuning companies have tuned an HPP EcoBoost and can provide some additional insight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Noice, similar numbers over here. Are you on 91/93 or e30? I'm going to upgrade to lifetime and move to e30 once the wife says I can. I told Ryan that and he offered a discount to help my efforts. Great guy great company.

Also, it's worth noting that they've been tuning our engines since they were in Mazdaspeed 3s well before the EB mustangs existed. Very experienced tuning the 2.3l turbos. Ha they actually swapped a 240 over to an eb 2.3, friggin nasty.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
Noice, similar numbers over here. Are you on 91/93 or e30? I'm going to upgrade to lifetime and move to e30 once the wife says I can. I told Ryan that and he offered a discount to help my efforts. Great guy great company.

Also, it's worth noting that they've been tuning our engines since they were in Mazdaspeed 3s well before the EB mustangs existed. Very experienced tuning the 2.3l turbos. Ha they actually swapped a 240 over to an eb 2.3, friggin nasty.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I'm on 93 pump. Not enough E gas where I live. Only like 1 or 2 stations that offer E gas...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. That's what I've been leaning towards, PD seems to have a lot of positive experiences.

Think it's worth getting a tune bone stock save for a drop in filter? It's a daily driver not a track car, but it seems like these engines are pretty tame from the factory

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thanks for the replies. That's what I've been leaning towards, PD seems to have a lot of positive experiences.

Think it's worth getting a tune bone stock save for a drop in filter? It's a daily driver not a track car, but it seems like these engines are pretty tame from the factory
A tune on mostly stock will provide some benifites. Dudeinblue on YouTube test-drove a stock and stock BAMA tuned EcoBoost to compare them. The tuned one felt sooooo much better then the stock one. COBB has a tune for just a drop in filter if you go that route. Just do the COBB stage 1 map.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts