Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Hey,

I wanted to ask questions about supporting mods for this turbo: 2.3 EcoBoost Hybrid Turbo Upgrade Ford Focus MK3, Ford Mustang VI - Muchboost.com

I wanted to ask if you knew what the limit of HP for the stock injectors is?

Also, if there's an intercooler that you would recommend,

Thanks in advance!
Based on "my experience"... Your need to add an auxiliary fuel system or upgrade your pump/injectors... I'm "guessing" around 375 HP??
Yet, I know there are members of our forum who have been able to exceed that number, and am looking forward to there comments.
I've limited my boost pressure to reduce the risk of exhaust reversion and detonation. Which is a concern I have of your choice of Turbocharger. If it uses the OEM turbine housing, your probably have simaler exhaust back pressure and similar risk, as if you pushed the stock turbo past it's limitations.
As for the Intercooler, I use a CVF full size, purchased from EMS (engineered motorsport solutions).
Gas Grille Automotive tire Building Auto part

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I was looking at some old post, concerning the HP limitations of our motors with certain bolt ons. A professional tuner stated his cut off for the Precision (drop in) turbocharger is 420 HP for a stock long block with bolt ons.
The Precision turbo turbine housing is approximately 6% larger than the turbine housing of the turbo you have chosen. Based on exhaust back pressure alone... a safe limit for your set up is probably less than 400 HP.
The answer to your question is really based on your risk level and if you can afford a new motor.
Jaw Font Art Metal Fashion accessory

Font Gas Handwriting Auto part Fashion accessory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts