Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, again.

I've been immensely pleased with the performance of my RaceChip GTS-Black - with the life it brings to my Mustang ~4,800 - 6,000 RPMs. Downshifting on the highway to rocket past other cars really puts a smile on my face.

To improve my low-end performance/throttle response, I recently purchased RaceChip's XLR for $269 USD delivered. What's really neat is that it basically takes the factory throttle response settings - and amplifies them up / down. Basically, Ford's Sport+ setting, which I'm on about 90% of the time, becomes Sport+++ when I set the XLR to Race+. It jumps at the blip of the throttle. And if I put my Mustang on Ford's Rain/Snow + XLR Econ+, it really tones down response - which is even better for ice/snow starts.

I don't know that they needed (6) settings, but when I spin the control knob, I feel instant feedback.

upload_2018-3-26_11-14-4.png

For reference, here's my RaceChip GTS-Black post:

http://www.mustangecoboost.net/thre...led-a-racechip-gts-black-unit-on-my-eb.13265/

All-in-all, this car has a whole new personality, across the RPM band, w/~315 whp / ~325 lb-ft, for ~$800.

I know its not the cup of tea for most on this forum. But for those looking to wake up your eb without re-mapping your ECU and (possibly) voiding warranty, this combo might be something for you to consider.

Happy Miles, folks.

Matt

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks again for giving us the info about the roads less traveled as far as mods go...Interesting and informative!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing the information, is RaceChip the same with a windbooster function, not really clear
My RaceChip XLR system is the throttle control. The RC GTS-Black is the piggy back ECU that coordinates with the stock ECU. I have both in my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts