Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now gone through 3 different pair of front brake rotors all from different companies and EVERY single time I recieved the incorrect size from the description. I just have a base model mustang which takes 12.6 inch rotors up front. The first pair I ordered was from Amazon and they were EBC rotors. They sent me 13.1 inch rotors. I sent them back and ordered the same EBC rotors from SummitRacing this time. They also sent 13.1 inch rotors. I quadruple checked the item pages and both amazon and summitracing page say these EBC rotors are 12.6 inches. So, I sent those back and decided to say screw it to these EBC rotors, even though I would like them if they would just send me the correct size! Now, I ordered a pair of Raybestos from CJPony parts, also says they should be 12.6 inches. Did I get 12.6 inch rotors? NO! they sent massive 15 inch rotors! I am pulling my hair out right now! My one requirement for these rotors is that they have black hats for rust prevention. I don't know of any brick and mortar stores I'd be able to buy these types of rotors from. Has no one else had this issue? Any ideas for me?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
FWIW, I have been doing business with eith Summit Racing for over 20 years and they have never sent me the wrong part.

Seeing that you ordered the same EBC part from two different places i would say its an EBC issue.

I have not done enough business with CJ Pony Parts to have an oppinion on whether are likely to send the wrong or not.

Dadillac's recommendation to go to Rock Auto is a good one. I have been doing business with them for years and have never gotten the wrong part. They typically have the biggest selection of anyone and the best prices.

Last comment. When i got my 17 i didn't want the hats rusting and showing through the wheels. So when i did the first rotation i painted the hats with black caliper paint. That was almost 3 years and 41k miles ago. They still look good. That's another option to purchasing coated ones.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,058 Posts
PM me your VIN, I'll run it through repairpartslink.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, I have been doing business with eith Summit Racing for over 20 years and they have never sent me the wrong part.

Seeing that you ordered the same EBC part from two different places i would say its an EBC issue.

I have not done enough business with CJ Pony Parts to have an oppinion on whether are likely to send the wrong or not.

Dadillac's recommendation to go to Rock Auto is a good one. I have been doing business with them for years and have never gotten the wrong part. They typically have the biggest selection of anyone and the best prices.

Last comment. When i got my 17 i didn't want the hats rusting and showing through the wheels. So when i did the first rotation i painted the hats with black caliper paint. That was almost 3 years and 41k miles ago. They still look good. That's another option to purchasing coated ones.

Dave
That's an interesting idea I hadn't thought of! CJPony said they are going to look at their QC and see if they can get me the correct size sent. If none of this works, I might just go that route!

·
Super Moderator
6,058 Posts
This is the listing from the dealer for non-pp brakes. Left column is the Ford part number.

Line #1 is the "Ford" part
Line #2 is the "Motorcraft" part

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've now gone through 3 different pair of front brake rotors all from different companies and EVERY single time I recieved the incorrect size from the description. I just have a base model mustang which takes 12.6 inch rotors up front. The first pair I ordered was from Amazon and they were EBC rotors. They sent me 13.1 inch rotors. I sent them back and ordered the same EBC rotors from SummitRacing this time. They also sent 13.1 inch rotors. I quadruple checked the item pages and both amazon and summitracing page say these EBC rotors are 12.6 inches. So, I sent those back and decided to say screw it to these EBC rotors, even though I would like them if they would just send me the correct size! Now, I ordered a pair of Raybestos from CJPony parts, also says they should be 12.6 inches. Did I get 12.6 inch rotors? NO! they sent massive 15 inch rotors! I am pulling my hair out right now! My one requirement for these rotors is that they have black hats for rust prevention. I don't know of any brick and mortar stores I'd be able to buy these types of rotors from. Has no one else had this issue? Any ideas for me?
I bought my Ford Performance street suspension package from Summit. They were available for phone conversations from customer service and were very helpful. Vorshlag out of Texas specializes in brakes and were very helpful to me in phone support as well. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts