Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was having fuel problems so I had a shop tell me what it was even though I had a feeling it was my fuel pump, Well I replaced that and my car still wont read my o2s So there for I cant pass smog. My access port says its pulling timing on Cyc 1 and it misfires not sure what's going on can you look at this data log and please let me know what you think.
You will have to rename the file to csv. 2016 Mustang Ecoboost sage 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
6510's from Ryan, 68,896 miles they are gapped 0.26. I got my o2s to read but not my Cadillac converter, I just pushed on the Pedal an it missed 6 times then stopped missing. When I got off the freeway it started rough idling.I had this tune and spark plug setup for over 35,000 miles no Issues Until my fuel pump went out I replaced that but and my high pressure fuel pump also the two high and low fuel Sensor Compression is 175 all Across all 4 Cylinders I am not understanding why it feels like the fuel pressure is low.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I change my spark plugs every 6k miles, The spark plugs that are in her now are new. PD Tuning the man. I am tuned on 91 octane I live in AZ can't really find 93 or 95 out here lol. I get my fuel from Chevron.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Replacing them no I haven't replaced them yet, I have watched how much it knocks. I'll have to do a another data log at wot for you all to see.
What is your air fuel ratio(AFR) at idle, at a steady cruising speed, at part throttle acceleration, and at wide open throttle acceleration? You previously mentioned something about your O2s. Were you referring to your oxygen sensors, and what is the issue with them? Also, you mentioned your catalytic converter. What is the issue with that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is your air fuel ratio(AFR) at idle, at a steady cruising speed, at part throttle acceleration, and at wide open throttle acceleration? You previously mentioned something about your O2s. Were you referring to your oxygen sensors, and what is the issue with them? Also, you mentioned your catalytic converter. What is the issue with that?
Fuel to air, is about 13.6 to 14.2 under load, My o2s wasn't reading or my catalytic converter so I was watching them to see what was going on with them but I just layed my foot down full throttle for 3 minutes then let off and my o2s came on air. I ordered new fuel injectors I also am going to switch them out to see if it helps or its something with my fuel lines. I am so confused on what's going on with her, Keep in mind I been a Mechanic for 14 years but if I can't figure out wants wrong with then I don't think anyone can. Let me know what you think about that air to fuel.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Fuel to air, is about 13.6 to 14.2 under load, My o2s wasn't reading or my catalytic converter so I was watching them to see what was going on with them but I just layed my foot down full throttle for 3 minutes then let off and my o2s came on air. I ordered new fuel injectors I also am going to switch them out to see if it helps or its something with my fuel lines. I am so confused on what's going on with her, Keep in mind I been a Mechanic for 14 years but if I can't figure out wants wrong with then I don't think anyone can. Let me know what you think about that air to fuel.
You need to pay more attention to your AFRs. I looked over your data log. At idle, cruising, and light to moderate acceleration your AFR should be very close to 14.0. As you pass through moderate acceleration towards WOT, your AFR should drop significantly. My car, which still has the stock tune, will drop to an AFR of 10.2 at WOT. An AFR of 10.2, at WOT, is a little rich, presumably for safety.
Your car is running an AFR around 11 at WOT, which is OK. At light to moderate acceleration your AFR is running 14.7 to 14.99. That's too lean.
At one point in your data log, it showed an AFR of 14.99, with 8 psi of boost. That's No Bueno!
Other than the tune, what mods does your car have? Are you running an after
market down pipe?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You need to pay more attention to your AFRs. I looked over your data log. At idle, cruising, and light to moderate acceleration your AFR should be very close to 14.0. As you pass through moderate acceleration towards WOT, your AFR should drop significantly. My car, which still has the stock tune, will drop to an AFR of 10.2 at WOT. An AFR of 10.2, at WOT, is a little rich, presumably for safety.
Your car is running an AFR around 11 at WOT, which is OK. At light to moderate acceleration your AFR is running 14.7 to 14.99. That's too lean.
At one point in your data log, it showed an AFR of 14.99, with 8 psi of boost. That's No Bueno!
Other than the tune, what mods does your car have? Are you running an after
market down pipe?
So it still looks like I am having a fuel problem then. I have dual port shortie Valve,mishimoto intercooler,CVF Aluminum Intercooler Charge Pipe Kit OEM Flange,mishimoto catch can, 6510 NGK spark plugs, custom cat back exhaust, No down pip yet.drop in k/n air filter. I am thinking fuel injectors might be causing the car to go 14.99. Should I redo another data log

1 - 20 of 58 Posts