Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ecoboost Premium w/ Performance Package
137 Posts
Im just going to be doing the resonator delete for increased noise and i disabled the fake exhaust noise

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Do I need a tune to disable the fake exhaust noise? How do I delete the fake exhaust noise otherwise?
No you don't need a tune.
Just disconnect the ANS microphones in the cabin, (One under the headliner near the back window, and the other in the overhead map light compartment).
(Videos on how to do this are on YouTube).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just ordered the Resonator Delete (MRT Engineered Performance #90M100) and the Ford Performance by K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter (American Muscle #M-9601-M). Stopped by the muffler shop and they said no problem with the install. Also spoke to the service manager at mall of georgia ford and he said no issues with the resonator delete and the K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter but stay away from COBB tune and FP tune (M-9603-M4C). I want to keep my warranty and will forego the tune for now.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
hello guys, i have finally bought my childhood dream car 2017 Mustang ecoboost premium. Even though i like the engine sound, i want to make it louder in a nice way (not noisy) , like when i start up the car or when i speed up. I want to have a really nice sport engine sound not loud. As I’m not really an expert, i have been reading about exhaust, intake..etc. so what do you guys recomment for a nice and affordable ones ?
Muffler and resonator delete are another option... like what I did.

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the MBRP street catback with the race (catless) downpipe, and my best friend has the MBRP racing catback and catted downpipe. His is deeper throated sounding but has more drone at highway / freeway speeds. Mine sounds the same, maybe just a note brasher at idle but has no significant drone at highway / freeway speeds

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay. I had my local muffler shop install the Resonator Delete (MRT Engineered Performance #90M100) Y-pipe and I dropped in the Ford Performance by K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter (American Muscle #M-9601-M). Not much difference in the sound. I was really bummed as I thought there would be some difference. Oh well, the stock mufflers gotta go. The muffler shop will install Magnaflow mufflers with my original chrome tips for $600. Sounds like a good deal so that is next month's project.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Magnaflow web site says $93 each. The labor of removing the tip and hanger come into play too. It may be a little pricey but a catback is $1,119 for CJPP. Oh well. If it sounds good I don't mind the price.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is a 2018 Mustang EcoBoost with the Resonator Delete Y-Pipe installed. The pipe is from MRT Engineered Performance; part #90M100. In addition I installed the Ford Performance by K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter. This is from American Muscle; part #M-9601-M. Purchase the Y-pipe directly from the MRT Engineered Performance website for $169.99, which is $50 cheaper that retail price at other sites.
My local Muffler Shop installed the Y pipe and two MagnaFlow mufflers. Here's the sound clip on youtube:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello guys, i have finally bought my childhood dream car 2017 Mustang ecoboost premium. Even though i like the engine sound, i want to make it louder in a nice way (not noisy) , like when i start up the car or when i speed up. I want to have a really nice sport engine sound not loud. As I’m not really an expert, i have been reading about exhaust, intake..etc. so what do you guys recomment for a nice and affordable ones ?
Flowmaster axle back & Airaid intake tube
w/ K&N filter.

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
62 Posts
I feel I've been "sharing the word" on the rev9 catback and with a catless downpipe it's still quiet enough to enjoy on long drives. Doesn't drone and gives you a noticeable sound when you get on it. The cheapest exhaust that still sounds good out of the box.
Unplugging the exhaust speaker in your headlines will help any exhaust sounds coming from you car too!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts