Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

installed a bama sxt revx this weekend. Happy with the results on a stock car

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hiddenpants 
#1 ·
so i picked up the bama sct revx for my mustang. And i also got 91 octane fuel tunes from them, a race and performance tune. so far i like them alot, car feels quicker and doesnt feel like it drops off after 3500rpm, which was my biggest problem with the car stock. The shift points feel alot better as well. My car also can break traction when launching and chirps second with the race tune which is something i have never experienced with a automatic car before. Overall im pretty happy with the tune. And for anyone else Canadian i have been running usa 91 tunes with canadian 94 with no problems, from my own research in forums from subarus, audi, bmw, ford, etc most people have been saying canadian 94 is close enough to us 91 to not matter on a modern car becuase the car adapts for minor differences in fuel quality.

got alot of comments in a facebook group saying to avoid bama and go for a tune from ryan martin at pdtuning which i might do in the future, it lists on the pdtuning site that they offer tuning with this device. But i figured Bama's tune for a stock car is probably decent and wont blow up my car since they have 100's of good reviews on American muscle. The reason i didnt go Cobb even tho i have been a fan of their subaru tunes since i was in highschool is becuase they removed the ability for the tuners to disable emmissions and i believe that i should be able to flash whatever i want to the car.

Bama says that it can take up to 50 miles for the tune and the ecu to adjust to the car but so far im happy with it.

did have a question tho, is the " line pressure KPA " in the datalogging mode on this tuner the equivalent of oil pressure?
Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design

See less See more
#2 ·
. The reason i didnt go Cobb even tho i have been a fan of their subaru tunes since i was in highschool is becuase they removed the ability for the tuners to disable emmissions and i believe that i should be able to flash whatever i want to the car.
After the way the EPA has been cracking down on tuners (Derive, the owners of SCT and Bully Dog got hit with a multi million dollar fine) that disable emissions systems you will be hard pressed to find any reputable tuner that will do it any more.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.