Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently my car is FBO and tuned on 93. I’ve been thinking recently about switching to an E30 tune for more power but calculating how much e85 and 93 every time I fill up sounds like a pain. Plus to make things worse I have an Sct x4 so I can’t get my fuel percentage and i’m going to have to guess. So for people out there with an E30 tune, is it actually worth the time mixing for more power?

·
Registered
943 Posts
seems like a lot of work. even if I had a car capable of e30 id still prefer just tossing pump fuel in. we have e85 locally, so thats as far as id want to go for fuel imo

I never say id rather have a gt, but I would rather have a gt running 87 octane, than EcoBoost needing me to manually mix fuel. seems tedious as hell

·
Registered
688 Posts
Think you've answered your own questions. Plus if you have to guess.............

·
Registered
99 Posts
Daily driver probably not if you go to the track it will though. E85 is king if I was going to daily on E30 I would just go all the way to simplify getting fuel.

·
Registered
2018 Base Ecoboost, Stock/Factory Tune, M/T Tires
185 Posts
Have you considered an auxiliary fuel system for E30/E85? Just something I have kicked around for track use only... fuel cell, pump etc.?? Racing fuel eliminates the testing process.

Has anyone used this X85? (sorry, haven't taken time to research it)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Have you considered an auxiliary fuel system for E30/E85? Just something I have kicked around for track use only... fuel cell, pump etc.?? Racing fuel eliminates the testing process.
Has anyone used this X85? (sorry, haven't taken time to research it)
I have read it ties with E30 at around 104-108 octane but E85 is around 116. If I ever do track it race fuel will be my choice though for simplicity also I have read the ethanol is hard on fuel lines etc which this would eliminate as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It does have draw backs. One of my racing buddies, runs E85 from the pump in his new Ford truck and for every 10 tanks of fuel he burns, he flushes the system with a full tank of 100% gas!

·
Registered
48 Posts
It does have draw backs. One of my racing buddies, runs E85 from the pump in his new Ford truck and for every 10 tanks of fuel he burns, he flushes the system with a full tank of 100% gas!
I run E85 in my 2013 GT 500. I have a built motor, and it was built with stainless steel valves, fuel system, etc. to be able to handle it. I absolutely love it! Understand, it is highly corrosive, so you don’t want it to sit in your vehicle for long periods of time without running it. I have two separate tunes, one for E85 and one for 93 octane so I can switch back-and-forth at will. My car is stored in the winter time with 93. Also, the car does not like to start in colder weather with the E85. And your mpg will go down.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I run E85 in my 2013 GT 500. I have a built motor, and it was built with stainless steel valves, fuel system, etc. to be able to handle it. I absolutely love it! Understand, it is highly corrosive, so you don’t want it to sit in your vehicle for long periods of time without running it. I have two separate tunes, one for E85 and one for 93 octane so I can switch back-and-forth at will. My car is stored in the winter time with 93. Also, the car does not like to start in colder weather with the E85. And your mpg will go down.
Awesome setup, best of both worlds!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts