Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 72 years old and have a 2015 Ecoboost Premium auto with Performance Pack and Ford Performance tune, no other mods. I live in Ohio. Would a Mitsubishi intercooler be worth installing? I am an old drag racer, but no racing any more. I like the torque of the 2.3 turbo just driving around compared to the 2012 5.0 auto I had. I very seldom floor the car, but like to feel the torque. driving around. In the Summer would I notice a difference. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am 72 years old and have a 2015 Ecoboost Premium auto with Performance Pack and Ford Performance tune, no other mods. I live in Ohio. Would a Mitsubishi intercooler be worth installing? I am an old drag racer, but no racing any more. I like the torque of the 2.3 turbo just driving around compared to the 2012 5.0 auto I had. I very seldom floor the car, but like to feel the torque. driving around. In the Summer would I notice a difference. Thanks for your help!
Absolutely! The stock IC is a poorly constructed piece when compared to any aftermarket IC. The stock IC will heat soak quickly in traffic or after a couple of spirited runs. As a bonus you’ll get more out of your current tune!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I think an intercooler is probably the single most important bolt-on you can do on this car. The factory one is that bad. You'll be able to sustain that torquey feeling for a more prolonged period of time without overheating your charge temps too bad.

·
Registered
122 Posts
These responses have pretty much helped me decide too upgrade my EB with a better cooler also. Pretty much the same age and driving habits as the OP here. Living in San Antonio where the summer driving is really hot and the heat coming off the road is pretty intense, I think an upgraded intercooler is in my near future. My Son has a large one on his '17 and it makes an astonishing amount of power with all his mods. My car is mostly stock, but I think with the Texas heat, a bigger cooler is a good idea even on a mostly stock EB.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The intercooler that comes on the car is inadequate for even the factory tune, especially in warmer climates. So yes even a stock car will benefit.

·
Registered
365 Posts
These responses have pretty much helped me decide too upgrade my EB with a better cooler also. Pretty much the same age and driving habits as the OP here. Living in San Antonio where the summer driving is really hot and the heat coming off the road is pretty intense, I think an upgraded intercooler is in my near future. My Son has a large one on his '17 and it makes an astonishing amount of power with all his mods. My car is mostly stock, but I think with the Texas heat, a bigger cooler is a good idea even on a mostly stock EB.

If I may suggest, get the CVF race intercooler, large surface area, superior cooling, and can be installed without removing the bumper cover, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered a CVF street intercooler today. Scratch and dent 30% off. $238.00 shipped!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great deal, I got my CPE FMIC (street) for 285 bucks on Black Friday. Mishimoto.. I saw photos and reviews saying the mishi had bad build and such, bad welds etc. Anyway my CPE was flawless, and the photos I see and reviews the CVF everyone seems to love them too. I would of went CVF had I not got the CPE on Black Friday pricing how I did.

everything else is CPE on my car so I just wanted to match it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts