Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up,

My Ecoboost has an HKS BOV. When I first installed it, I didn’t have any problems or concerns about it, but one day, I noticed my HKS BOV sounds weird.Let’s say I’m on the road, and when I press on the gas and have my RPM going up in the 2,000 - 3,000 range, my BOV is making the PSSHHH sound. The PSSHHH sound will continue to sound until I either let go of the gas or when the RPM drops below 2,000. Remember, I’ll hear the PSSHHH sound when I have my foot on the gas. I know that when I go above a certain amount of RPM and let go of the gas, my BOV will make the PSSHHH sound.But I’m talking about when my foot is on the gas. I’m just making that clear. Is my HKS broken?

·
Registered
670 Posts
It sounds to me like the BOV is not getting a good vaccum reference. Make sure the vaccum line did not come off or have a crack in it.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked, everything’s in place. However, I don’t think there was an O-Ring before I put in the BOV and C clip to hold down the HKS BOV. Maybe not having an O Ring causes it to make the PSSHH sound?

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
294 Posts
I have ecu controlled TS BOV..however i will experience the same 'pssh leak' around same RPM range..seems to happen when I take over the shifting responsibility (10R80) and im steady hovering in the low 2K rpm range. my unprofessional opinion=the car is in a small window where it's producing more boost than system can hold so the pressure valve is pushed open..i feel like my car is saying "either shyt or get off the pot ie either accelerate or upshift bc you're getting 10 MPG right now and not going anywhere fast" .. just a thought if it's not mechanical

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have ecu controlled TS BOV..however i will experience the same 'pssh leak' around same RPM range..seems to happen when I take over the shifting responsibility (10R80) and im steady hovering in the low 2K rpm range. my unprofessional opinion=the car is in a small window where it's producing more boost than system can hold so the pressure valve is pushed open..i feel like my car is saying "either shyt or get off the pot ie either accelerate or upshift bc you're getting 10 MPG right now and not going anywhere fast" .. just a thought if it's not mechanical
Yeah, that’s the way how I see it too. Like you said, it’s like my car is telling me to get off the gas or gas it!

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
294 Posts
Yeah, that’s the way how I see it too. Like you said, it’s like my car is telling me to get off the gas or gas it!
i tried replicating the experience and was unsuccessful..idk..i know what your describing..i kid glove Stang so the rare instance this happens to me usually after ive wound up the pony, turbospool, and then getting stuck in the 'trot' zone. Stang is snorting 'pssh' ..

·
Registered
178 Posts
If there is no o-ring under the BOV you are going to have a major vacuum/boost leak from the BOV. The o-ring needs to be in place to allow it to seal to the charge pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If there is no o-ring under the BOV you are going to have a major vacuum/boost leak from the BOV. The o-ring needs to be in place to allow it to seal to the charge pipe.
I was thinking the same, but I wasn’t 100% sure if that’ll be the case. Either way, I purchased an O-Ring for my HKS and it’s finally arriving later on today. I’ma instal it and I’ll post up if whether I still hear the ‘PSSHHH’ noise or not. I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hopefully that'll take care of the issue. Installing the BOV with the o-ring is a pain to get the snap ring in place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Duuuudde, I know! Luckily, it took us about 10 minutes to put the clip on. It’s better than an hour, y’know

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was thinking the same, but I wasn’t 100% sure if that’ll be the case. Either way, I purchased an O-Ring for my HKS and it’s finally arriving later on today. I’ma instal it and I’ll post up if whether I still hear the ‘PSSHHH’ noise or not. I really appreciate it!!
Any updates on this? I assume the o ring fixed it since you haven't posted about it on here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts