Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Is your eb Mustang Manual or Automatic?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many of us are rowing out there - and how many can actually enjoy a coffee while taking a turn.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
6,221 Posts
Track Monkey = Manual. If it were a straight-liner, no doubt an auto.

Reactions: ZStang

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am all about the Automatic. Don't want to be in traffic off and on the clutch and never worry about missing a shift

·
Registered
273 Posts
Auto. I had a 93 Mustang LX 5.0 manual for 20 years. Decided no more manual. A pain in the ass in stop and go traffic (all city driving). I was a lot younger though. My how time flies. :(
Just turned 71, somehow my wife convinced me to go automatic, and she's usually right! But my son has a six speed and let's me drive it when I want so I got the best of both worlds.

·
Super Moderator
3,294 Posts
My dad has been telling me for years that eventually I won't want a manual anymore. It hasn't happened yet, and I haven't owned an automatic transmission vehicle since 1993...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Auto....I traded in a manual for an automatic since I was driving around with a broken knee. My knee finally got replaced this month and I am not allowed to drive a manual for 6 weeks from the date of surgery. I guess I'd have 2 weeks to go. Doesn't matter now that I have an automatic. I sometimes miss my manual though. Think it would be really nice to drive a 6 speed manual Mustang.

·
Super Moderator
3,294 Posts
Be sure to vote in the poll at the top of this post!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Mine is a manual, and traffic does not bother me with it. I drove big rigs in traffic and just know how to select the right gear to just idle along. I love being in control of the car completely. 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe is a 5 speed. Of course my 1999 F150 and 2014 Escape are automatic. Mama Can drive a manual, but says she don't want to mess with it! lol

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
My dad has been telling me for years that eventually I won't want a manual anymore. It hasn't happened yet, and I haven't owned an automatic transmission vehicle since 1993...
I am 64 and still like manuals so my daily driver Mustang is a manual. My weekend toy is a 68 Barracuda with a manual.

I do have a beater pickup with an auto and my wife's car is an auto. I will admit if I am going into the city I will take the truck or my wife's car but it's mainly because I don't want the Mustang to take a beating from all the pot holes and door dings.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Manual. Only auto I've had was the Mkiii Supra turbo. It was extreamly good but I so longed for the manual. I'll control that part of the car thanks not some computer that thinks it knows what your doing or about to do.

·
Super Moderator
3,294 Posts
To be fair, some of us check threads like this one a few times a day.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Manual all the way, one of the few coupes left in RWD and deserves a manual!
For us in the States, in this segment/at this price point, there's really only Mustang, Camaro and Dodge Challenger. To me, and clearly all of us, the Mustang is a clear winner.

·
Registered
409 Posts
First manual I've ever owned. I love the control I get with it. Though there are times I wish I could just not worry about it (stop and go traffic in LA...) and I've driven a rental Ecoboost a few times with the auto and it's definitely still a pretty fun car. Don't regret the decision at all though.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts