Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Current list of modifications and maintenance (chronological order): Delivered May 17, 2018 199 miles

Modifications:
MBRP Installer Series Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Y-Pipe - Race Version June 20, 2018 Part #S7275AL americanmuscle.com ~1000 miles
Hurst Shift Knob White With Black Logo/6-Speed Pattern Sept. 2, 2018 Part #1630225 cjponyparts.com (in store) ~4500 miles
Boomba Catch Can (PCV) Dec. 6, 2018 boombaracing.com 7677 miles
Boomba Throttle Body & Intake Spacer Combo Dec. 6, 2018 boombaracing.com 7677 miles
SVE R350 Wheel/Tire Kit 19*10/11 285/325 Cooper Zeon RS3-S Tires Dec. 28, 2018 Part #WTK-177913C lmr.com 7677 miles
BMR Super Low Jacking Rails-Red Feb. 3, 2019 Part #398166 summitracing.com 7677 miles
Steeda Ultralight Linear Lowering Springs Feb. 11, 2019 Part # 555 8213 steeda.com 7677 miles
IRS Alignment Bushing Kit Feb. 11, 2019 Part # 555 4438 steeda.com 7677 miles
MMD Start Button Cover Mar. 14, 2019 Part # 393679 americanracing.com 7677 miles
Plasti Dipped Fr & Rear Ponies Apr. 8, 2019 Metallic Graphite ~8200 miles
35# Steeda clutch spring May 28, 2019 Part # 398202 americanracing.com 10202 miles
C&L drop in oiled filter (blue) May 29, 2019 Part # 394315 americanracing.com 10220 miles
Drake wicker bill rear spoiler May 29, 2019 Part # LRS-6344210A lmr.com 10220 miles
2018-2019 Front splitter May 31, 2019 s550parts.com 10305 miles
MP Concepts Blank Decklid Panel Jun. 14, 2019 Part #398119 americanmuscle.com 10900 miles
Front (4-6") and Rear (8-11") splitter rods on spoiler / splitter ebay.com Jun. 25, 2019 ~11,900 miles
SR Performance IRS Tie Down Kit March 7, 2020 part# 389678 from forum member 17,084 miles
Boomba IRS Vertical Links (Red) March 7, 2020 boombaracing.com 17,084 miles
Boomba Short Throw Shifter / Bracket Combo March 10, 2020 boombaracing.com 17,084 miles
Maintenance:
Oil change & tire rotation Aug. 04, 2018 3669 miles
Four wheel alignment Mar. 15, 2019 7686 miles (spec sheet on page 4)
Oil change (6 qts. Pennzoil full syn. / Wix 51516xp), Gapped factory plugs to .028", emptied catch can Mar 30, 2019 8,023 miles
Rear wheel alignment Apr. 12, 2019 8559 miles (spec sheet on page 4)
Emptied catch can Jun. 19, 2019 11450 miles
Oil change (6 qts. Pennzoil full syn. / NAPA 1516), emptied catch can. Sample sent to Blackstone Aug. 29, 2019 14,092 miles
Oil change (6 qts. Castrol full syn. U.S. turbo formula / K&N syn. filter), emptied catch can. Sample sent to Blackstone June 27, 2020 18,451 miles

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Shift Knob
IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Love reading build threads, and some nice mods you've already done to your car!
I think a build thread also serves as a good personal 'digital diary' as time goes by.

It also has another advantage many don't realize, which is something I did on my previous car I sold.
I had kept an online build thread for many years on another forum, which also included each service I did, oil changes, detailing and waxing, new tires and parts replaced, etc.

When I came to sell the car, I simply showed the buyer the online build thread, as proof of all the mods, DIY services, and care I took with the car over the years.
I explained, since it was published on a public forum and each post in the thread was 'date stamped', it could not be falsified or added at a later date, and no one would go to the trouble of documenting everything with photos for many years if it was not true.

Needless to say, it got me $1,000's more in resale value. :)

Reactions: DanS and JAKE

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go further. I never considered that for resale purposes. Makes sense. Thank you for the tip

Stang. North central. Potter county. Middle of the state east/west, on the N.Y. state border

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Love the Kona Blue, I like reading others build list to see what everyone else is doing and get ideas for mine.

Reactions: JAKE

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh definitely northern ha. My wife is from the huntingdon/ state college area. We’re in Altoona a couple times a year. Usually trying to catch a curve game

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On Sunday, I took the 4.5 inch tips off of my catback and sprayed them high heat black. Not a real big fan of the chrome on this car. Eventually I will probably do something with the front and rear emblems too. Anyway, just a simple scuff and shoot. We'll see how well it will hold up. Its held up before for me pretty well on other projects that got a lot hotter. These double wall tips don't get too hot usually. The fact that I'm not driving it in salt and dirt roads should help too. If it doesn't then I'll either look into powder coating or a different set of factory black tips. I like the MBRP carbon fiber ones, but they are wicked expensive, at over $100 per side.

Attachments

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked up a couple parts on Black Friday from Boomba. Should be here tomorrow if tracking is correct. I got their catch can and throttle body/intake spacer combo. The spacers were right on par price wise with the other companies, but I like the fact that they back theirs up with dyno numbers. Not that I will, but they also have provisions for n2o or meth injection if one was so inclined. I could have got a catch can probably cheaper somewhere else, but the quality looked great. All parts look to be cnc aluminum, and their can has a very large capacity with a quick drain valve. With the money saved on Black Friday, the price was a little more bearable. I may look into running some braided hose instead of the rubber. Completely unnecessary I know, but would probably look better. Time will tell how well all these items work, but other's reviews seem to be very positive. Got all the items in anodized blue to carry on with the Kona exterior. I'll post more when they arrive. Best part was the price. With 15% savings, I got $65 off of $430 worth of parts!

Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2 Oil Catch Can Kit (PCV)
Mustang Ecoboost Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacer Combo

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Good purchases for sure. Its the unnecassary things that sets it apart. The braided lines will look great! Post some pics when ur done....

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Over the weekend I was able to remove the engine cover for the spacer installs. I'm kinda diggin the look. I like the more "naked" look under the hood. More race car, less passenger car I guess. The spacer kit does come with relocation studs for the cover, but I don't think I am going to put it back on. With that in mind, I decided to remove the hood liner as well. Might not be as quiet, I don't know. If the noise bothered me though, I wouldn't have changed the exhaust. And worse case scenario, I guess I could always put it back on. A little disappointed though. I don't have the fancy pony logo on the hood like you 15-17 guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Parts laid out on the bench. Looks like nice quality pieces. The calendar, key chain, and pen was a nice touch too.

Attachments

Reactions: ecostang19

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Catch can and spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Catch can and spacers are in! I would be lying if I said it was an easy install. I spent a great deal of time wrestling all of the electrical connections and intake bolts, but finally got it. I will say it was easier to do the catch can since I already had the intake off. Thanks again @Squid for the torque specs. Somewhere along the line during reinstall though, I think I may have broke a vacuum line. I'm not sure. I thought I heard a snap and I can't for the life of me find where the line goes. It comes out of the little canister behind the catch can, then it goes into a y. The one end snaps onto the back of the intake. I have no idea where the other end goes. I sucked on it and it does draw a little vacuum. I can't blow into it so there must be a check valve in the white plastic connector. Would it be an unconnected vent? Does that sound possible? If anybody could shed light, I would greatly appreciate it. I did start the car when I was all done. No rough idles, no check engine lights. Picture is attached. I can get a better one if need be. Thanks everyone.
IMG_1976.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Circled is the connection with the tube leaving from there. It's about 6-7 inches long.
IMG_1976.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I found the connection. Rewatched the Boomba install videos and there appears to be a tee on the fire wall. Went out and looked. Sure enough on the bottom of the tee it’s broke off. Hopefully I can replace the tee and be in business.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Replaced the tee in the vacuum connection. Back in business. Really wish they weren't made out of that brittle plastic. Seems silly.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts