Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having a little difficulty with my setup here. I have a '16 PP with all the goodies to go stage 3, and just installed the Cobb stage 3 ots 93 octane tune with very little performance gain over the stage one Cobb tune. The main oddities I've noticed is that while under wide open throttle the air/fuel ratio drops between 10:1 and 10.5:1 which I feel is extremely rich. Also it's only making about 19 pounds of boost where I've logged it at 23.5 before. I just changed the spark plugs 200 miles ago with motorcraft plugs from the dealer so it's not misfiring, could it be a bad o2 sensor? The car has 12k miles on it and has had the MAP catless downpipe on it for 10k of those miles. I noticed the downpipe throws the check engine light on (p0420) catalyst so I'm wondering if that might throw the air/fuel ratio off as a precautionary thing. Sorry for the rambling post here but basically the car has the tune, non catted downpipe, muffler delete, intercooler & charge pipes and cold air kit needed for stage 3 but it seems like the car simply isn't sucking in enough air. Is it possible to lose performance through a blow off valve? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Have you asked over on the COBB website? Since it is an OTS tune from Cobb, they'd be the best to answer about it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Direct quote from my tuner.

"Every single ecoboost ive seen with a catless downpipe runs too rich and I havent figured out how to fix it"

Not sure if that helps, but i felt it was relevant

·
Registered
444 Posts
Refit cat? Just saying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts