Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a whole case of microfiber cloth cleaning towels at Costco - great price by the way.
I now am down to a few clean ones left, any ideas of the best way to get these cloths cleanest and stain free.
What cycle, temperature etc. without destroying etc.

Just a few quick ideas perhaps.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
Throw them into the washer.
Use a liquid soap (it comes cleaner).
Do NOT use fabric softener
Air dry - no drier.

Clean soft and works like a champ.

(I prewash mine because they don't feel right until I get a wash on 'em)

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
and if you're tossing them out - I'll take them and clean them up. They work great after washing for me.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I let mine soak in a bucket with water and Dawn dish soap overnight. Then rinse the next day and air dry. I buy new lot every year. Family dollar has a bunch of different microfiber towels and rags for $1 each

·
Registered
910 Posts
Here's what I do to clean my towels. I bought the special soap for cleaning microfiber from Autogeek. You put your towels in the washer and use HOT water to wash them. Add the soap and wash them. I also pre-treat some of the dirtier ones with a degreaser spray. Use absolutely NO fabric softener at all. I put mine in the drier, because air drying leaves the towels a little stiff. Also, machine drying tends to remove lint particles from the towels. Some of the towels, like one I've used to polish aluminum, are so caked with residue that I just toss them. They just don't clean up very well and aren't worth saving.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up washing them in the washer HOT-COLD, Heavy duty - with an extra rinse, medium spin, with no Fabric softener and dried them in the dryer - but I dried them with less time so they were ever so, so, slightly still damp.
They came out great like they were brand new. I expected them to be in much worse shape.

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
I have microfiber pads that came with my "Shark" vacuum. They give the same instructions for washing them. I've probably washed my pads 40-50 times and they're like new still.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts