Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with this company? They do ceramic coatings, and have pictures of shiny S550's, and are located less than 2 miles from the school I'm hoping to go to this fall. I'll be tempted to let them do their thing, if they have a good reputation.

Home - Kleentech Detailing

·
Registered
81 Posts
I haven't gone down the ceramic coating route yet. Especially since I have all of this wax and sealants and whatnots on my shelf. However, from what I've research ceramic coatings are great for a daily driver that don't worry about perfection. Meaning, if you are not particular about a scratch here and there and a ding here and there, than go for it. If you have a garage queen, it's nice to have but not to necessary since you don't drive it enough. The great thing about ceramic coatings seems to be it's ease to maintain, kind of, sort of. If you are trying to keep you car perfect then the moment you get a ding or a scratch the whole panel will have to have the coating removed by sanding and or compound. You can simply touch it up.This is why I say if you don't mind a little bit of scuffs, scrapes and bruising then fine. If you want to fix things then the maintenance can become high and a pain. They can last upwards of a year to 3 years or more depending on what you buy which is great for a daily, just remember if you touch something up, you have to service the whole panel. Again I've only applied ceramic coatings to my wheels and it seems ok so far. Also the high price of the process has to do a lot with all the prep work involved in coating a paint corrected car. If you are not super particular of having a car so "perfect" you can save a ton of money and get it coated with minor correction. Also, to cure, the car it needs to be away from water for at least 24 to 48 hours so you need to do some planning. Just make sure you do some research and see if forum members chime in with their experience with coatings.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts