Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anybody have a good idea or reason why there would be this high of knock? I’ve gotten this multiple times since i’ve started the tuning with pd tuning. I’m currently catless, catback, intake tube with high flow intake, ngk spark plugs, oil separator other little mods. Every time I drive basically it always shows 1 or 2 of knock count total. Also been having issues when starting my car the afr just goes crazy it sometimes wants to turn off on me. Sent some logs to Ryan and he said everything looked normal. Anyone got an idea of what may be causing these?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have a good idea or reason why there would be this high of knock? It’s 6. I’ve gotten this multiple times since i’ve started the tuning with pd tuning. I’m currently catless, catback, intake tube with high flow intake, ngk spark plugs, oil separator other little mods. Every time I drive basically it always shows 1 or 2 of knock count total. Also been having issues when starting my car the afr just goes crazy it sometimes wants to turn off on me. Sent some logs to Ryan and he said everything looked normal. Anyone got an idea of what may be causing these?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a down load from the last time I was at the drag strip. I can compare my numbers to yours...
Under what driving conditions were your numbers recorded??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a down load from the last time I was at the drag strip. I can compare my numbers to yours...
Under what driving conditions were your numbers recorded??
I was cruising around like 60-70 and then came to a stop at a light. I only hit 1psi of boost so.

·
Registered
481 Posts

My track numbers probably won't tell you much, but here's a photo of my Cobb device after start up, idle and a quick goose to 1 lb. of boost.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The car will knock its designed that way. The ecu pushes to knock then backs off. How aggressively this is done can be upto the tuner when going custom. Knock itself isnt the issue or bad. Its the degree of knock amount of knock and amount of ignition correction. Read discussion linked below.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 39950
My track numbers probably won't tell you much, but here's a photo of my Cobb device after start up, idle and a quick goose to 1 lb. of boost.
Very Different, just the afr alone, idk if it’s normal or not, but my highest reaches around 50. What about the knock octane modifier, I thought it was suppose to be at 1.000?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Very Different, just the afr alone, idk if it’s normal or not, but my highest reaches around 50. What about the knock octane modifier, I thought it was suppose to be at 1.000?
I also noticed your AFR looked higher than mine. I normally run a 1.00 KOM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, should I be tracking Ignition corrections or ignition timing? When I talked to Cobb they said I should be looking at Ignitions corrections. Anyone else hear different?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just heard the ignition corrections shouldn't be too high or often. You don't want to see negative corrections from what I read. However, I still don't know what constitutes a large negative correction or how often is too often. If you find out any more info please let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just heard the ignition corrections shouldn't be too high or often. You don't want to see negative corrections from what I read. However, I still don't know what constitutes a large negative correction or how often is too often. If you find out any more info please let me know.
Yes will let you know

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
830 Posts
Anything higher then a few degrees. Personally I have never seen anything more then I think neg1.5 99.9% if the same its in positive and a partial throttle Max's out at plus 4

Those with neg 10 and 13 above have a high enough knock count that the ECU has retarted the the timing more then just few steps this could be the result of poor quality fuel or a bad tune. Either way not good should not be that high or retarted that many steps

Reactions: loadingeco

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, thanks for the info. I think the highest Negative correction I have seen was around 2 or 3. I have noticed that negative corrections occur when I barely press on the gas. I'm not sure why. I usually get a negative correction every 15 minutes or so depending on driving habits. On the highway it never happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, should I be tracking Ignition corrections or ignition timing? When I talked to Cobb they said I should be looking at Ignitions corrections. Anyone else hear different?
Everyone is saying to track ignition correction so

·
Registered
481 Posts
Anything higher then a few degrees. Personally I have never seen anything more then I think neg1.5 99.9% if the same its in positive and a partial throttle Max's out at plus 4

Those with neg 10 and 13 above have a high enough knock count that the ECU has retarted the the timing more then just few steps this could be the result of poor quality fuel or a bad tune. Either way not good should not be that high or retarted that many steps
What about high charge temperature, for some reason I was thinking that high charge temperature would cause the ECU to pull timing??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts