Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What are you using for an intercooler? And what were the charge temperatures of the data logs you sent your Turner?
Still using the oem intercooler as well as the charge pipes, they were from 80 all the way up to around 140 while doing the pulls

·
Registered
481 Posts
Still using the oem intercooler as well as the charge pipes, they were from 80 all the way up to around 140 while doing the pulls
You may want to try running the Cobb stage 1 OTS tune and then logging a couple runs and check your knock count.
I run the Cobb stage 3 OTS tune with custom air intake, intercooler, 3" downpipe and 200 cell catalytic converter. On my last "1/4 mile, WOT" logged run, I had a "high" charge temperature of 150* w/ positive timing and 0 knock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ive tried the stage 1 and 2 and its fine at idle but then driving it’s bad when I got on it. Even though my final tune from pd tuning is good at higher rpms, the low, like daily driving it just doesn’t know what to do, I only had revisions on WOT, no idle logs, no cursing logs, no take of logs, just wot for all 8 revisions. So that may be also why it’s acting weird

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ive tried the stage 1 and 2 and its fine at idle but then driving it’s bad when I got on it. Even though my final tune from pd tuning is good at higher rpms, the low, like daily driving it just doesn’t know what to do, I only had revisions on WOT, no idle logs, no cursing logs, no take of logs, just wot for all 8 revisions. So that may be also why it’s acting weird
That sounds right/normal for stage 1, your charge temperature is going to increase and your ECU is going to pull timing and reduce performance. Same thing for stage 2, but worse.
I've never used a Pro Tuner, but I thought they required an upgraded intercooler!??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That sounds right/normal for stage 1, your charge temperature is going to increase and your ECU is going to pull timing and reduce performance. Same thing for stage 2, but worse.
I've never used a Pro Tuner, but I thought they required an upgraded intercooler!??
Yea I found it weird that he didn’t ask me to have one. I know tune+ requires one. But i’ll give stage 1 another try to see if it’s different

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
830 Posts
What about high charge temperature, for some reason I was thinking that high charge temperature would cause the ECU to pull timing??
I live in outback Australia dry hot and dusty as fuck. I do not see any negative corrections at partial throttle only positive that max out at plus 4.0degrees. I only rarely see negative corrections, the last couple times was a 0.08 degree correction on cylinder 4. I have an upgraded Chinese knock off Mishimoto IC and custom tune.

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 39948

Anybody have a good idea or reason why there would be this high of knock? I’ve gotten this multiple times since i’ve started the tuning with pd tuning. I’m currently catless, catback, intake tube with high flow intake, ngk spark plugs, oil separator other little mods. Every time I drive basically it always shows 1 or 2 of knock count total. Also been having issues when starting my car the afr just goes crazy it sometimes wants to turn off on me. Sent some logs to Ryan and he said everything looked normal. Anyone got an idea of what may be causing these?
Just my 2¢ but I remember when I started getting my car custom data log tunes I was using Shell gas station gas, 91, CA. My tuner immediately said stay away from that gas because it’s terrible for the car with so many unnecessary things they put in it. I switched to Chevron and badda-bing badda-boom the knock counts/ignition corrections went away.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts