Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there experienced Pony car fanatics, I’m on the verge of buying a like-new 2017 Mustang Ecoboost with only 12k miles on it. It was modified when new by a Ford dealership with the following upgrades:
1) MBRP 3" Exhaust
2) MBRP 3" catted down pipe
3) GT-350 intake
4) Mishimoto intercooler and charge pipes
5) Turbosmart shorty blow off valve
6) Turbosmart 11psi waste gate
7) Cobb stage 3 tube

I think these are all pretty common performance upgrades, but wanted to get opinions from experienced Mustang Ecoboost owners about the estimated HP increase and reliability of the engine with these upgrades.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
801 Posts
350bhp ish at the crank might be higher might be lower

Personally when it comes to "reliability" I wouldn't be using any canned tunes esp anything past stage 1 I would be looking at a custom tune. It is day vs night.

Personally i would also get rid of the BOV its next to point less in this application and invest in a catch can

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
You can expect about 330 - 340bhp at the wheels according to Cobb on their Stage 3 tune. (Purple lines on dyno chart)...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are you getting the Cobb accessport as well? Could make things painful if you ever need to reflash or want to get a custom tune. Id also recommend a catch can I collect a ton of oil in my JLT running Cobb stage 3 over my Ford performance tune.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
801 Posts
Are you getting the Cobb accessport as well? Could make things painful if you ever need to reflash or want to get a custom tune. Id also recommend a catch can I collect a ton of oil in my JLT running Cobb stage 3 over my Ford performance tune.
Good point is it actually coming with the access port?

·
Registered
276 Posts
What kind of warranty does it come with? That would be my main concern and what would keep me away from it in general. If you've only got the factory warranty, you're on your own if/when the motor goes south. And with a downpipe/stage 3 tune, unknown history, and the prev owner ditching it after only 12k miles, I would pass on it in general. I'm sure several modded people here will say otherwise, but these motors definitely don't have a reputation for being rock solid when modded (and even so when stock).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
350bhp ish at the crank might be higher might be lower

Personally when it comes to "reliability" I wouldn't be using any canned tunes esp anything past stage 1 I would be looking at a custom tune. It is day vs night.

Personally i would also get rid of the BOV its next to point less in this application and invest in a catch can

Hope that helps
Thanks much!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am also wanting/hoping to get an ecoboost soon. Looking at the graph a Cobb tune is a day and night over stock. Can you do that on a stock engine on 93 gas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts