Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've done some searching and looks like about the only way I'm getting what I want is new order.

Nothing fancy, Ecoboost convertible manual with 101a. Can't find a single one that's reasonable!

I'm sure just like other Ford products there are constraints and a long wait, but just how bad is it? Also when do the Mustang order banks close?

I've found some used, but I qualify for D plan and those used ones are as much or more than MSRP with miles on them.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
So I've done some searching and looks like about the only way I'm getting what I want is new order.

Nothing fancy, Ecoboost convertible manual with 101a. Can't find a single one that's reasonable!

I'm sure just like other Ford products there are constraints and a long wait, but just how bad is it? Also when do the Mustang order banks close?

I've found some used, but I qualify for D plan and those used ones are as much or more than MSRP with miles on them.
Your chances of finding a convertible on a dealership lot, are better, it you go with the automatic transmission. There are no advantages to the 6speed manual, when compared to the 10R80 Auto Trans. The 10 speed transmission, gives better fuel mileage and better performance. Plus you can shift it manually if so desired.

Reactions: AnOunceOfPerception

·
Registered
833 Posts
There are no advantages to the 6speed manual, when compared to the 10R80 Auto Trans. The 10 speed transmission, gives better fuel mileage and better performance. Plus you can shift it manually if so desired.
Wrong! I'd say most who want a manual... just want a manual! I don't think anyone is surprised these days that the automatics are faster and more efficient, but for some it's just the fun of it. The coordination of feet and hands manipulating the shifter and clutch. For me, it just enhances the driving experience. I don't know about others, but manually shifting an automatic just isn't the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wrong! I'd say most who want a manual... just want a manual! I don't think anyone is surprised these days that the automatics are faster and more efficient, but for some it's just the fun of it. The coordination of feet and hands manipulating the shifter and clutch. For me, it just enhances the driving experience. I don't know about others, but manually shifting an automatic just isn't the same.
Exactly. If I wanted an automatic, I'd get an automatic.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
I can't argue with that logic, when I was 16, the only Mustangs I would even look at were V8s with 4 speed transmissions.
And I might still say the same thing, if I had not test driven both transmission equiped Mustangs. In my case, it was a 6 speed Coyote and a 10 speed Ecoboost. And I picked the 10 speed Ecoboost.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I can't argue with that logic, when I was 16, the only Mustangs I would even look at were V8s with 4 speed transmissions.
And I might still say the same thing, if I had not test driven both transmission equiped Mustangs. In my case, it was a 6 speed Coyote and a 10 speed Ecoboost. And I picked the 10 speed Ecoboost.
Everyone has different wants, needs, and goals. I'm glad you picked the Ecoboost! 👍🏼

·
Registered
2022 Ecoboost Prem Convert, Rapid Red, A10, 201A, Coastal Limited, Active Exhaust - On order 2/28/22
18 Posts
If you want one ORDER IT NOW! I ordered my Ecoboost Convertible 2/28 and it is scheduled for production 7/28. Things seem to be improving with supply chains, but that could change.

09/15/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec
Change
11/23/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

09/14/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open
Date
10/20/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling
Begins
• 11/28/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wanted an automatic and got an automatic and they threw in a manual for free.

Now when I pull the paddle shifters, I simultaneously press down on the dead pedal with my left foot. It took me a few tries to get it right, but I don't overrev the engine burn the clutch or anything. It took some practice though, to get the hand/eye/foot coordination just right, so it'snot for everybody.

I'm having a blast.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've ordered 6 new Mustangs since 1994 ... main reason for special order is I wanted the base engine and a MANUAL, 2nd reason is I optioned them out the way I wanted them.

My most recent 2021 is Race Red with 101A, Active Exhaust, and the 641 5-Spoke 18" Wheels. Would have ordered the Spare Tire Kit too, but instead swapped it out of my 2016 I was trading in as the price on it went up 209% since 2016 and I had never used it.

The A/T also adds $1,595 to the sticker price so as long as the manual is cheaper, and it is what I'd prefer to drive (like the OP), why would you spend that extra money ??

If the A/T were a no cost option or the manual was MORE, then I'd maybe consider the auto.

Order what you want if you have the time to wait.

Doug

·
Registered
2022 EcoBoost Premium Convertible, Mischievous Purple, A10, 201A -Orderd 6/21/2022 Build wk 0/3/22
7 Posts
If you want one ORDER IT NOW! I ordered my Ecoboost Convertible 2/28 and it is scheduled for production 7/28. Things seem to be improving with supply chains, but that could change.

09/15/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec
Change
11/23/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

09/14/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open
Date
10/20/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling
Begins
• 11/28/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date
Hi MTNPNY - Saw this post and hope you get yours built on time. Was wondering how long it took before you got any emails from Ford beyond the initial order confirmation email? I ordered my Mischievous Purple Ecoboost Convertible on 6/21 and it is 4 weeks from then today. I know with the supply chain shortages not to expect a build for months, but was curious how long it took to get a VIN, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Ecoboost Prem Convert, Rapid Red, A10, 201A, Coastal Limited, Active Exhaust - On order 2/28/22
18 Posts
  • Ordered 2/28 and email confirmed that day.
  • 6/2 Email VIN received and production sked week 7/25.
  • 7/5 Ford Performance confirmed build day 7/28.
  • 7/15 Ford Performance confirmed build day 7/28.
  • 7/19 Ford Order Tracking site (using link in 6/2 email changed to IN PRODUCTION and indicates window sticker ready, but not yet available.
Definitely appears that things are improving based upon posts by customers on other forums. Scheduling for September production is going on this week and email notifications with VIN and week should be issued on Thursday and Friday this week.

·
Registered
2022 EcoBoost Premium Convertible, Mischievous Purple, A10, 201A -Orderd 6/21/2022 Build wk 0/3/22
7 Posts
  • Ordered 2/28 and email confirmed that day.
  • 6/2 Email VIN received and production sked week 7/25.
  • 7/5 Ford Performance confirmed build day 7/28.
  • 7/15 Ford Performance confirmed build day 7/28.
  • 7/19 Ford Order Tracking site (using link in 6/2 email changed to IN PRODUCTION and indicates window sticker ready, but not yet available.
Definitely appears that things are improving based upon posts by customers on other forums. Scheduling for September production is going on this week and email notifications with VIN and week should be issued on Thursday and Friday this week.
Thank you for the detailed update. Wow, you had to wait 3.5 months for your second email. Hope things are improving as you observed and would be great for me to get an email this week. I haven't had a chance to get that immersed into the forums yet to get that impression on the production situation. I live in Ohio so in some ways while I'd really love to get it in time to enjoy some before the winter sets in, my main goal at this point getting it before I have to flatbed it home for the first time to keep it from seeing salt. (I'm probably overly protective, but with Ohio winters, why not be?) When I ordered my 2002 convertible there were no supply chain issues or emails from Ford. About 10 weeks after ordering, my dealer called me to tell me it was in. I like the technology but keep checking the emails. Now I know to watch more on Thursdays and Fridays.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good to hear. I finally got VIN for silver / red HPP Vert 201 AT dealer said will be produced end of Sept which means I may get it by Dec so I told the dealer I want a substantial discount for what is essentially a 1 year old model on delivery, since I can order a '23 in Sept and get it in March or April.

I suggest using the lease calculator for risidual difference between July and delivery date to establish the discount.

I cancelled the order - who wants a depreciated 1 year old model when it's new at full price LOL. This is the second order Ford botched.

I will keep the 2020 HPP vert AT 201A as one of the last prepandemic version before production disruptions and Ford dropping content and substituting parts with lower grade from new suppliers.

I got it with 7K miles for $30K and have dropped $4K on full front PPF, rotary forged wheels and tires, Hertz MillePro speakers, hard wired front and rear cameras, doors and trunk sound deadener. No sense to get new now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Received email this morning from Ford Motor Company that my Mustang is scheduled for production the week of 10/3. Glad my wait since placing the order on 6/21 paid off. Very happy, because now I'll get the color I want. Mischievous Purple isn't available in the 23 colors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^^Nice.

I’m not sure why my order got processed so fast, but I’m not complaining.

Also happy to be in the queue for an ICE-based vehicle, with more and more states announcing bans on sales in the future. My guess is demand for sportier ICE cars may pick up as people feel it may be their “last chance” to get them before they go the way of the Dodo.

Here I was worried that it would be manual transmissions that we no longer would be able to get. I didn’t realize that what they connect to would also be going away so soon!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I expect S550 is the last good version before they ruin it with a television for center stack haha....hopefully they don't because I'd love a hybrid Mustang.

One of the reasons I like the S550 are the intuitive switches and dials I don't have to take my eyes off the road and looks cool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I expect S550 is the last good version before they ruin it with a television for center stack haha....hopefully they don't because I'd love a hybrid Mustang.

One of the reasons I like the S550 are the intuitive switches and dials I don't have to take my eyes off the road and looks cool.
Indeed. I’ve always been a fan of analog gauges. The digital dash in the Mustang isn’t bad though…I just didn’t want to pay extra for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts