Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was prepping my car so that I could install an under seat subwoofer and rear speakers. Got side tracked so I decided to remove just the rear speakers . I used a T-Tap Wire connectors to connect to the rear speakers and send a signal to the Sub. I wanted to make sure my connectors worked so I tested the speakers with a 9Volt battery. All was fine. It was getting late and I decided I will continue in the AM. I wanted to hear the car radio since I didn't have my "$5 special" Ford issued "Premium" rear speakers connected to hear the difference. I wasn't expecting much but I soon realized I could not control the volume. I soon realized I can't control the AC nor can I change my traction or the driving modes. I did have the negative terminal disconnected and I also was had removed the positive for a minute while I was figuring out how I could connect my wire to the battery. Please let me know if you know what is going on. I'm in NY and we are going to be in the 90's tomorrow.

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
121 Posts
did you remove the stereo? it honestly sounds like a connector unplugged.

if you didnt take the dash apart try unplugging the battery, hitting the start button, then reconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not take the dash apart. Will try it in the am.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck still. However, I took the car for a quick spin and discovered I can control the volume only from the steering wheel. I hope this might give someone out their some ideas. If I connect forscan, would it be able to tell me what is wrong?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:
Luckily for me it was user error. When I opened the loom of wires to connect my t-taps I used a blade. I cut one yellow wire. Not sure what it's for but it did stop the Sync3 from controlling the radio, ac, and the toggle switches. All is well and hoping to enjoy my new speakers and sub. Now I have to disable the fake engine sounds. It was never an issue when I upgraded my front speakers, however, now with a sub and new rears it is driving me mad.
I'm glad I didn't have to change any modules as that would have been a lot more expensive.

Reactions: AnOunceOfPerception
1 - 6 of 6 Posts