Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Ragtop. I bought it used and the previous owner had an exhaust system installed but the dealer had it replaced with factory mufflers but no resonator.

Since buying it, I did the Airaid tube with factory box, blow off valve and Pypes Pro Street axle back. The Resonator had been replaced with just a single, straight pipe and a Y at the rear end for the Pypes duals. When I first installed the Pypes, i heard pops n crackles but now nothing. Its loud but not deep enough.

Should the Resonator replacement pipe be replaced with something different? Is there something I can do to deepen the sound?

Thanks for your ideas!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just an idea but if you're looking for a deeper sound, you might have to go with a different exhaust. It's tough to find one on a convertible because of the rear subframe braces. I have a convertible and went with an ULTIMATE RACING catback exhaust that gives an awesome deep throaty sound and not tin canny or raspy(like a fart can) sound. I needed to take it to a custom exhaust shop because it needed to be modified to fit because of those braces and my cobb downpipe.

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
43 Posts
Getting a more free flowing downpip may also really change the tone. Louder too, but overall sound can change. If nothing else, still a great mod 👌

1 - 3 of 3 Posts