Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to get more than 16mpg according to the dash board computer, while I'm driving around my city.

The only thing I've done performance wise is a green drop in filter. I'm also using 93 octane gas.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just some additional info...

I have an automatic with the PP and over the past week I've only been able to average 14 and 15 MPG, City.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We have a 2015 Premium with automatic and get 21-22 mpg around town and 32 on the road. Our mileage magically increased about 2 mpg when we hit 10 k miles.
Good luck tracking down the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many miles on your EBM? My first thought would be to check the plugs. I was avg 18-20 city before I swapped my plugs @30k that were wayyyy out of gap. Now I'm between 23-26 city depending on how hard I am on it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
City driving is around 20ish here even with my foot in it. (Always 93 octane and sport mode.)

·
Registered
796 Posts
How many miles on your EBM? My first thought would be to check the plugs. I was avg 18-20 city before I swapped my plugs @30k that were wayyyy out of gap. Now I'm between 23-26 city depending on how hard I am on it.
Wow, that's quite a difference. I would definitely suggest to the OP to do this first. Good plugs are cheap and easy to install. Suggest getting those plugs recommended by Ecoboost tuners.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Is it Adam from Tune+ that sells the NGK iridium plugs AND he sets the gap on them too?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Is it Adam from Tune+ that sells the NGK iridium plugs AND he sets the gap on them too?
Yes, those are the ones he currently recommends. I got the previous plugs he had last year. I think he ran into supplier issues with those. Either way, much better than stock and, yes, they come pre-gapped.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I seldom drive in the city (Boston for me) so I can't really tell you the city mileage. Running around town on the weekends I get 26 or 27 mpg. My commute which is a steady 35 to 45 mph I get 30ish and pure hiway keeping it at or below 70mph I will get 32 to 33 mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My stock plugs were .035/.033/.033/.034. Stock gap is .029. I put in brand new stock Motorcraft plugs and it made a very significant difference. Ill be going to the NGK's once I get the Ford tune though...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, I really have a problem then
..I'm not seeing any of these numbers. I reset every tank. I'm at 1300 miles right now. I'm hoping things improve. I can tell you I finished the day, half highway half City, at 17 mpg. I rarely drive in S mode because my MPG is bad enough.

Maybe it's the 19 inch rims and summer tires? Any thoughts around that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man, I really have a problem then
..I'm not seeing any of these numbers. I reset every tank. I'm at 1300 miles right now. I'm hoping things improve. I can tell you I finished the day, half highway half City, at 17 mpg. I rarely drive in S mode because my MPG is bad enough.

Maybe it's the 19 inch rims and summer tires? Any thoughts around that?
Sorry bud, I have the PP wheels/tires also. There's def something mechanical going on, unless you're flooring it at every takeoff?

·
Registered
138 Posts
MPG varies greatly depending on driving style in these cars. Basically if you are in boost a lot expect some low numbers. My gf can only get 16-18mpg driving my Mustang. She has a heavy foot and is in boost a lot. I get 20-24 on the same drive but am easier on the gas.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MPG varies greatly depending on driving style in these cars. Basically if you are in boost a lot expect some low numbers. My gf can only get 16-18mpg driving my Mustang. She has a heavy foot and is in boost a lot. I get 20-24 on the same drive but am easier on the gas.
Hmmm This sounds like me. But explain "in boost" for me please.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts