Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone modify their stock lower grill to open it up like a delete so the FMIC can be seen better? I can't find any completely open, so my body shop is going to do it professionally and clean for me next week. I'll post pics after. - Griffin

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that. I just wasn't sure if the frame of the lower grill was needed for support or not.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's a lot easier than you'd imagine. After your cutting just sand it down the best you can. Mine was far from a professional sanding job but looking at it your never know the difference

·
Registered
138 Posts
I cut the center out of the grill on mine. I also removed the lower grill shutters and cut the center bar out of the lower portion of the shutters. the Shutter surround is still in place so it funnels air into the IC. I left the uppers in place as I tune the car with the shutters back on in the winter. Eventually I'll put a GT grill or some aftermarket one if I find one I like. Personally I hate how grill deletes look. really don't think its cool to see the support bars and hood latch and junk behind the grill.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Or a stone. Or a chunk of wood. Or a squirrel. Or a piece of road debris (i.e.: broken handgrip off Susie's bicycle, a forgotten gas cap, chunk of tire carcass etc.)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Lol guess I'm gona have to look for a lower grill now. Hit a tractor-trailer left over Tire pice on the highway today. Guess it gives me an excuse to get the RTR grill combo with led accents from AM. :)
20161213_133255.jpg
20161213_133245.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
<snip> Or a piece of road debris (i.e.: chunk of tire carcass etc.)
Lol guess I'm gona have to look for a lower grill now. Hit a tractor-trailer left over Tire pice on the highway today.
I rest my case. (Sorry for your luck, Punchy!)

Admittedly it's rare...but when it happens, sheesh! It's not only shocking (sometimes) but can be expensive. And alertness is sometimes just not enough. Perhaps you've heard that old saying: "Feces occurs".

YMMV

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ya I was glad it didn't do too much damage. The worst thing about it is I saw the car in front of me hit it but there was nothing I could do because I had tractor-trailers on both sides of me and a tailgator on my butt.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Let's just hope this turns out to be a "blessing in disguise," Punchy, and is the "Mod God's" way of telling you to get a sweet, upgraded grill.

While some guys dremel-out the plastic honeycomb themselves, and install a mesh grill to understandably save money, I've been eyeing a couple of the after-market, direct replacement mesh grills for our cars. I'm debating, however, whether or not to try and keep the pony emblem, if/when I someday take the plunge. Good luck!

Michael

Reactions: Punchy

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Let's just hope this turns out to be a "blessing in disguise," Punchy, and is the "Mod God's" way of telling you to get a sweet, upgraded grill.

While some guys dremel-out the plastic honeycomb themselves, and install a mesh grill to understandably save money, I've been eyeing a couple of the after-market, direct replacement mesh grills for our cars. I'm debating, however, whether or not to try and keep the pony emblem, if/when I someday take the plunge. Good luck!

Michael
Do you have the stock eecoboost grill in yours now or did you change it to a GT grill?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts