Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since installing my CPE intercooler, Ive been considering replacing the lower grill to get some more airflow to the IC. I'm in FL so obviously, more airflow = Cooler Tems during the summer. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference in charge temps by replacing that lower grill? is there a common "home grown" mod for the lower that I am missing that will improve the airflow across the IC?

Reactions: 2020ecobase

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ever since installing my CPE intercooler, Ive been considering replacing the lower grill to get some more airflow to the IC. I'm in FL so obviously, more airflow = Cooler Tems during the summer. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference in charge temps by replacing that lower grill? is there a common "home grown" mod for the lower that I am missing that will improve the airflow across the IC?
I originally opened up my stock grille and found a lot of air going around my intercooler. I then built air dams to force 100 percent of the air that entered the lower grille though the OEM intercooler.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My Mustang is an ever changing creature. If I go way back, even before this picture was taken, I used sheet metal and OEM plastic to collect and direct air across my stock intercooler.
I later, relocated my intercooler and used this space and duct work/air dams, for my intake air.
Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Since then, I have installed a full race intercooler and am currently working on new air dams and duct work for both my intercooler and intake air.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
We have some of the hottest summers in the world esp in the outback. TBH I don't think you see much gain changing the lower grill. The OEM lower grill with an updated FMI seems to work just fine on 40+days.

Reactions: 2020ecobase
1 - 6 of 6 Posts