Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potential noob-ish question(s).

Installed Burger Motorsports' JB4 today. Will make a separate thread for that once this is resolved. Install was easy, though I spent a few years disconnecting and connecting the pressure sensor since I couldn't fit my hands there.

After the install, I went to open the door and began getting a hum + click from the battery every time I opened the door. This also happens every time I press the brakes both when the car is and isn't on and in park (only).

Started up the car and began getting a "thunk" noise every 10-30 seconds. The noise was coming from the front center of the engine. Checked all hoses and the airbox since all the install required was removal of the airbox (so I wasn't even near the area where the noise was coming from). Did that dance about three times restarting the car each time.

Then I checked for codes and didn't get any. Waited ten minutes and started the car again and this time the thunk noise wasn't happening (though the hum + click still is).

Did a brief/cautious test drive down and back a backroad, hitting about 50 max. On a site note I can already tell this JB4 will be fun once these problems or "problems" are taken care of.

As soon as I parked I got a powertrain light. Checked for codes and got: P0327-00, P025E-00, and P04DB-00. P025E-00 was accompanied by a, "DTC Severity 2 of 3: Repair immediately if drivability issues are present. Threat to essential system components if not repaired as soon as possible."

Unsure if the codes are potentially related to the piggyback nature of the JB4, but given the original problems I mentioned and the powertrain light I'm a bit concerned. Reached out to Burger support, but they're probably out for the holiday weekend. Any thoughts?

Extra Notes:
-MBRP Race Exhaust
-Roush CAI
Air Fuel Ratio: 14.1
Boost/Vac: 21.1
Inlet air temp: 92
Engine oil pressure: Normal
Engine oil temp: Normal
Cyl. Head Temp: 189, 218 after the test drive
Trans Oil Temp: 120
Voltage: 14.7

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Let us know what you find out to be the issue.

BD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Late update:
The day after posting this I uninstalled, then reinstalled the JB4. Cleared the codes and no more CEL and powertrain light. That being said, the two odd noises I described getting are still present. The engine one is linked below. It happens anywhere from a few times a minute to once every few minutes.

11/23/22

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Does the noise still happen with the JB4 disconnected from the system. I have no clue what that noise could be.

BD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the noise still happen with the JB4 disconnected from the system. I have no clue what that noise could be.

BD
Yeah. Started after the first install and hasn't left since. It's certainly decreased over time, but still present and consistent. At times almost sounds there are fluids splashing out of something, but I've found no leaks.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Here are the 3 code descriptions if you do not have access to what they are for.

P025E - Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) (ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC )) - ALLDATA diy This is the MAPT sensor on the top center of the intake that is one of the connectors that the JB4 piggybacks into.

P0327 - Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) (ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC )) - ALLDATA diy This is the knock sensor

P04DB - Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) (ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC )) - ALLDATA diy This is for the crankcase vacuum sensor that comes off the right rear of the valve cover and connects to the intake tube right in front of the turbo inlet connection.

I would check all connections and hoses to make sure they are connected and installed securely. Make sure no pins in the JB4 harness connectors or sensor connectors harnesses are pushed out of connectors or bent/damaged.

The thumping noise could be the crankcase vacuum line not fully connected and secure on the intake tube quick connector at turbo inlet allowing it to be popping on and off the quick connect or a damaged o ring allowing a vacuum leak.

BD

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the 3 code descriptions if you do not have access to what they are for.

P025E - Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) (ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC )) - ALLDATA diy This is the MAPT sensor on the top center of the intake that is one of the connectors that the JB4 piggybacks into.

P0327 - Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) (ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC )) - ALLDATA diy This is the knock sensor

P04DB - Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) (ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC )) - ALLDATA diy This is for the crankcase vacuum sensor that comes off the right rear of the valve cover and connects to the intake tube right in front of the turbo inlet connection.

I would check all connections and hoses to make sure they are connected and installed securely. Make sure no pins in the JB4 harness connectors or sensor connectors harnesses are pushed out of connectors or bent/damaged.

The thumping noise could be the crankcase vacuum line not fully connected and secure on the intake tube quick connector at turbo inlet allowing it to be popping on and off the quick connect or a damaged o ring allowing a vacuum leak.

BD
Thanks, I appreciate this! The codes haven't come back since I cleared them (so far at least), but I'll definitely check those out. Been sick so haven't had a chance to get under the hood again, but on my to do list. As always, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts