2020 Base Premium HPP 6 Speed, Shadow Black
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Reactions: krotos1970

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Just curious since these spring state for magnaride equipped cars, do they fit/work on non magnaride cars as well.

BD

· Registered
213 Posts
Just curious since these spring state for magnaride equipped cars, do they fit/work on non magnaride cars as well.

BD
rear lower control arm is different on Magneride set up's, swap those out and the springs are good to go. that's the only difference physically.

Reactions: Buldawg76

· Registered
82 Posts
will you have issues with the air bags ? i just heard some have issues after lowing springs.
i'm curious why Ford don't offer factory lowering spring as an option, i want mine lowered cause i think it looks terrible with the front end so high of the ground, but there must be a good reason why Ford don't offer the option .

· Registered
213 Posts
will you have issues with the air bags ? i just heard some have issues after lowing springs.
i'm curious why Ford don't offer factory lowering spring as an option, i want mine lowered cause i think it looks terrible with the front end so high of the ground, but there must be a good reason why Ford don't offer the option .
You can do the front springs only, there's no rule that you must do both front and rear together.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I did not require any realignment after changing springs.
Installation of springs, dropped the front approximately 1.25 inches and the rear approximately .5 inches.
I installed the front springs first, and then the rear springs six months later.

Reactions: Buldawg76

· Registered
953 Posts
I did not require any realignment after changing springs.
Installation of springs, dropped the front approximately 1.25 inches and the rear approximately .5 inches.
I installed the front springs first, and then the rear springs six months later.
So you were out of alignment before, and the geometry change after lowering your car brought it into spec?? Kidding, kind of. I mean, it's not impossible, but alignment after lowering is almost universally recommended. 1.25 isn't huge, so maybe it remained just close enough to spec. Did you check it? How did you know it wasn't required?

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
So you were out of alignment before, and the geometry change after lowering your car brought it into spec?? Kidding, kind of. I mean, it's not impossible, but alignment after lowering is almost universally recommended. 1.25 isn't huge, so maybe it remained just close enough to spec. Did you check it? How did you know it wasn't required?
I didn't check it, but I've been keeping a close eye out for thread wear, so far, so good!

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Appears to be a level or ride height sensors for the magnaride suspension system, so yes important and possibly expensive.

BD

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

· Registered
2020 Base Premium HPP 6 Speed, Shadow Black
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the front springs done I still have to fix or replace those ride height sensors and rear springs should be easier, so far it doesn't seem to need an alignment, also these springs are for both the 4 and 8 cyl, so I don't think it's 1.4" lower because of the lighter engine, but it looks like it's at least 1" lower, right now I'm not going over 80 straight or over 40 turning until I fix or replace those sensors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts