• Automatic

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

What transmission will give me the most engine/exhaust/crackle/growl/pop sound? Manual or Automatic?When downshifting and so on. Aftermarket exhaust will be changed.
Only interested in the sound aspect right now.

And don't tell me to get the V8, since it's 2230dollar/year in taxes in Sweden! haha.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Manual... But can be somewhat replicated with using the paddle shifters in manual mode on the auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual... But can be somewhat replicated with using the paddle shifters in manual mode on the auto.
Well, now it's even harder to make the decisions between manual or automatic. It's really 50/50, hoped that the sound would be the tiebreaker

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Driving style and conditions will influence the choice of auto or manual.
The paddle shifters will give you total control over shifting should you desire to do so but you will still be comparing a torque converter to a clutch.

Some situations to consider.

Dragstrip- the auto is faster.and will break less parts due to less shock to the drivetrain on launch.

Roadcoarse- the auto will overheat in a long race while the manual will stay strong.

Heavy traffic/tired long day- the auto will make life much easier.

Open country roads- the manual would be more enjoyable in this setting, rowing through gears on some winding roads.

Horrible, slippery weather- the auto will simplify your driving focus not having to worrying about clutch and gear.

Money shifts- the auto has protection against this while the manual does not. A money shift is when you are under full throttle and shifting from lets say 3rd to 4th but you accidentally miss and force the car into 2nd, the rpms shoot up past the engines mechanical limits and severe damage ensues.

Social status- manuals have a performance car heritage while the auto is associated with slow grocery getter cars.

Resale value- auto's outsell manuals.

Service costs- under regular driving conditions the manual requires less maintenance than the auto.

That's a few things off the top of my head, I am sure there are more points.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I've rambled on and missed the point.

Ok, regarding exhaust..

Manual or auto will sound the same if you put the auto in S mode and shift manually.

The tune will heavily influence the pops and crackles of the exhaust so much so that many of the leading tuners will offer it as an add on to their tunes, I think there is a requirement to run a cattless downpipe in order for those tune features to work properly.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts