Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MAP intercooler upgrade is the result of many hours of research, testing, tweaking, machining, and welding. We feel we have created the best intercooler upgrade available for the Ecoboost Mustang! Now we are excited to announce that production has started and the orders are already flowing in!

-6061 Billet Aluminum Endtanks
-20x6x5 Core
-766CFM @ 1psi Pressure Drop | 980CFM @ 1.5psi Pressure Drop
-Supports up to 550whp
-100% Direct replacement (Works with stock piping)
-Doesn't require removal of front bumper
-Doesn't require delete of AGS
-Made in the USA
-Lifetime Warranty

-​

Here are the testing results:

Original charge air temps with the stock intercooler would run all the way up to 130-140 degrees on a 4th gear pull. With our FMIC and charge piping installed it never broke 100 degree's during a pull, average was 95-96 degrees with back to back pulls. Below is going to be a graph of a pull after cooling down, then a pull after doing 5 back to back pulls.

Here is a graph of the first pull. We got in the car, started it up drove it on the dyno until it got up to temperature. Stopped the car then started the pull. You can see that our intercooler is so efficient that the temps actually DROPPED after starting the pull.

Here is a graph of the 5th pull of back to back pulls. You can see we got the intercooler as hot as possible which was 10° above ambient temperature when we started the pull. This will simulate how the intercooler will respond on track days, we got the dyno cell up to 70 degree's to do this testing as track days are during warmer months.

Here is a quick log of the factory intercooler, you can see it gets up to 140°!

We have seen on 3 different test vehicles power gains from 15-20hp PEAK, and 20-25hp through the powerband before 5500rpm (Peak). The biggest benefit of upgrading the intercooler over the factory is to prevent heatsoaked pulls. Soon as you do a single pull on the factory intercooler it takes a VERY long time for the intercooler to cool back down to ambient temperature. With it staying hot for so long it doesn't allow you to make your peak horsepower over and over again, you get one good pull then you are slowly losing power with each pull after. The MAP intercooler upgrade has been put to the test and posted the same numbers over and over again after 10 pulls and never peaked over 100°!

You can see more development information by checking our our R&D thread HERE.

To pair with our intercooler upgrade we have developed a COMPLETE charge piping kit. Unlike other kits on the market ours includes a BOV. It replaces ALL the factory intercooler piping, and is a direct fit without any modification. Our kit will also eliminate your factory BOV that can get very annoying with aftermarket intakes. For more information you can see our development thread HERE.

-Mandrel Bent 304SS RathGibson Tube
-Fully Tig welded and backpurged
-Eliminates the factory BOV
-Includes Blue or Black Turbosmart Vee-port or Plumb Back BOV
-Stainless T-bolt Clamps
-Squirrelly Performance 4-ply Couplers
-Available in Raw Stainless or Wrinkle Black (custom colors available for small fee)
-Features bracket to mount the wire harness just like factory
-100% Made in the USA
-Lifetime Warranty

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE INTERCOOLER ONLY!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE INTERCOOLER CHARGE PIPE UPGRADE!

CLICK HERE TO PURCASE FULL INTERCOOLER KIT (IC and PIPES)!

·
Super Moderator
1,553 Posts
That sure looks pretty. Be a shame cause I would want to make it all black including the pipes black too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to thank Mapreformance for the chargepipe kit & very helpful for answering my questions & helping me thru my install
No problem! Thank you for your business and kind words.

That sure looks pretty. Be a shame cause I would want to make it all black including the pipes black too.
We offer them in wrinkle black so that wouldn't be a problem!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts