Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this Cobb Accessport off FB. Seller insists its unmarried but I think he is incorrect. The tuner didn't boot at Car On/ Engine Off which was bizzare and it did boot with engine on. No installation screen came up at all. My first thought was that the previous Mustang owner had tuned it and had left it installed (he did install a boomba BOV Valve) at the time of sale but the below picture is making me think differently as mine is a 2019. I am thinking this is still married to the FB sellers car. What do you guys think, married or un married?

I tried the gauges and it kept glitching out.

I am assuming the AP Tuner couldn't have done anything to or changed my ECU without it installing. True? The last map on the tuner is showing a stage 2 OTS MAP, I wouldn't want that on my ECU at the moment.

IMG-4603.jpg IMG-4600.JPG

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hopefully the seller is local and you can take it back to have him/her unmarry it. Not a matter of calling them a liar, just a matter of asking for proof. Calling them a liar assumes they know what they're doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
AP was shipped from out of state, and the seller has blocked me on FB.

I want to think that it was just ignorance but based on how it went down idk. I initially paid via Paypal G/S and then he begged to get $200 of it up front to pay bills. He claimed ex military and I felt bad and wanted to trust and be a bro so after he refunded the paypal I cash app'd $200 of the $300 total. He asked for the rest after it delivered but I obviously refused after seeing it was married. He said the car is gone and blocked me after I asked for $100 back. So it was a waste of $200, live and learn. Trying to save a buck always comes with a risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts