Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been learning how to drive my mustang better and better with each extended drive I have taken out of state. This past drive from NYC to Maine was especially relevant to my learning curve and finally cracked open the boost gauges in a big way. The ecoboost gauge has two sides of 30 PSI HG boost which proves the mustang has boost on deck all the time and reduces the turbo lag significantly. With that being said I also noticed on this last drive how well the fuel economy was while not sacrificing performance driving a bit. I witnessed several hours of AIR ration in the maximum range of 20 PSI and still felt strong engine performance while running very lean. I also witness moments of turbo spooling next to large trucks that turned my mustang into a rocket when passing. I witnessed my boost gauge increasing in PSI boost as I prepared to pass trucks. I drive a 6 speed manual ecoboost so I don't know that automatic transmission ecoboost models will experience much of the same but I just wanted to post this to say the Ecoboost has a lot to teach naturally aspirated drivers like myself back in the V6 powerplant days. This car is like a Video game that gets better with each play. For those that are considering the GT over the Ecoboost consider the fuel economy and raw fun that comes with knowing that you can have some sporty driving without spending the cash on Fuel. The Ecoboost also has a much longer and higher learning curve making it a car that just keeps getting better with experience.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
The thing to remember with turbocharged cars like the Ecoboost....
You can have boost or economy, but never both at the same time. :)

Reactions: angf117

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
31 Posts
Yes I learned a long time ago with turbo cars that you need to roll into throttle not just punch it. Car runs quite nicely that way. I had the Ford Turbo coupe back in the 90s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts