Street or Race?

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for an exhaust that have aggressive and deep tone. I was looking at the Borla Atak, but after a few video of MBRP, I feel like MBRP have much better "muscle" car sound and deeper tone.

I am wondering which one I should get, Street or Race?
From what I heard and researched:
Race:
- deeper tone and louder than Street
- very bad drone (depend on drivers). I want to know how loud is this, is it bearable?
Street:
- deep tone and definitely louder and better than stock
- little to no drone

Anyone have experience with these two exhausts?
Also, what is the difference between MBRP Installer and MBRP XP?
upload_2018-4-28_21-40-2.png

Thanks in advance for everyone help.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have the Street in my car. It's loud enough that there's no doubt the engine is running, but not too loud for long trips.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Street in my car. It's loud enough that there's no doubt the engine is running, but not too loud for long trips.
Is there any drone?
I wonder if the Street make rumble engine noise at high RPM or low speed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any drone?
I wonder if the Street make rumble engine noise at high RPM or low speed?
I have the street mbrp on my 2017 mustang gt. I thought at first they sent me the race exhaust. The street is loud. No drone at all. Cold start is very loud. If the race is louder it would be to loud for me neighbors and all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the street mbrp on my 2017 mustang gt. I thought at first they sent me the race exhaust. The street is loud. No drone at all. Cold start is very loud. If the race is louder it would be to loud for me neighbors and all.
The different between a GT and an Ecoboost . Of course the GT gonna be loud with after market exhaust. I don't think the Ecoboost with the loudest exhaust( possible without fart can noise) can even match a GT haha.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I installed mine last month. Good tone, not obnoxious and absolutely no drone. Good feedback on downshifts (If you have a manual). This was a cold start after install. The smoke you see is from the lubricant used in manufacture burning off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed mine last month. Good tone, not obnoxious and absolutely no drone. Good feedback on downshifts (If you have a manual). This was a cold start after install. The smoke you see is from the lubricant used in manufacture burning off.

Thanks for the video clip, very helpful.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks for the video clip, very helpful.
I listened and looked at tons of video/sound clips. So dang nervous about the sound. I went street because I heard the race on person, yes it is deep and sounds good, but way too loud on the cruise. You only hear the Street when you get on it and it sounds good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I listened and looked at tons of video/sound clips. So dang nervous about the sound. I went street because I heard the race on person, yes it is deep and sounds good, but way to loud on the cruise. You only hear the Street when you get on it and it sounds good.
I see. Thanks for your personal experience, I was deciding between Street and Race, I think I will get the Street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts