Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wonder how someone came up with their member name, or what their avatar represents? I have (I have time on my hands lately). And one of the newest members broke the proverbial camel's back. I'm curious - how'd you come up with your member name or your avatar? I'll go first.

Squid - Simple. 21 year retired Navy ... sailors sometimes referred to as Squids

My avatar is my steampunk Mustang emblem, from the back of the car ... I rotate avatars

How about you? Care to share??

·
Registered
666 Posts
I use johnnybee because not only is it a reference to my first name and surname initial but it’s also a reference to the classic cut from The Monks’ 1979 Bad Habits album, Johnny B. Rotten. I use my car as my avatar because, well, it’s just so damn attractive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Back in 2004 I had a Dodge Ram pickup. I had trucks as daily drivers for 10 years prior. In 2004 I decided I wanted to get back into cars. So I decided that I didn't want just any car, I wanted a really nice one. So I ended up with a 2002 Cadillac Seville. After buying the car I joined a Cadillac forum. When choosing a username many of my choices were taken. So I came up with Dadillac. I am a dad and I own a Cadillac. So that is how Dadillac was born. Since that time I have used Dadillac as a username on EVERY forum that I have joined. If you are on a car forum and you see a Dadillac there it is a real good chance that it is me

Don

·
Registered
31 Posts
Squid what'd you do for those 21 years? Was out in 10 - AT1 with AIMD being my "camp" instead of O/Squadron level.

Me? jbeckva .. From VA and it's a concatenation of first and last names for the most part. Just used it for various forums before running my own (audio, not car related).

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Squid what'd you do for those 21 years? Was out in 10 - AT1 with AIMD being my "camp" instead of O/Squadron level.
Interior communications electrician.
First 12 years on Submarines (Diesel boats then Lafayette class boomers) then medically disqualified and sent to aircraft carriers for the rest (Midway, Coral Sea, Ranger)
The wife was an AK1 :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The first time I needed an online name was in '98, just after the Air Force promoted me to Staff Sergeant E5. I wanted something short, easy to type, and easy to remember. That's been my go-to online name ever since, unless I join a place where it's already taken.

My avatar is custom vinyl on my car, I wanted a pic that showed it's a little different from any other Mustang out there.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Mine is a combination of the two major identities written into me as a young adult. First was my tour in the Marines...hence the moniker "leatherneck"...which I then combine with my alumni at the University of Florida, into "gatorneck"...and I dropped the "c"...to give it a "leetspeak" edge. I'm a bit of an IT geek. ?‍♀

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm going to date myself here. I used to be big into gaming since the days of the original Wolfenstein and Doom. My handle at the time was Blade. As more of the games came out, I started making a reputation for myself with that handle until the game Sin came out with... the default character name was Blade. That sucked having all those newbies running around with my handle since they were too stupid to change their character name, so I decided to change mine. Most of my gaming clan lived up north and were having a bitter winter, so KewlWinter was born, mispelling on purpose. I use this name on every forum I join now. My car is my avatar, of course.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Turbotigger
well the turbo part is obvious, when I was a little kid tigger was my favorite and it was even my dads nickname for me. Only made sense when I got a comp orange car with black stripes to call it tigger. The 604 is my number when I used to race motocross.

Avatar- Ryan Reynolds from Harold and Kumar go to white castle, from the part of the movie when their in the hospital trying to get medical marijuana, and ryans character asks "Marijuana? But why?" Kinda the look I have to some of the questions asked on the forum.
skip to 0:40 in the video.

Reactions: LostSAAB

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm going to date myself here. I used to be big into gaming since the days of the original Wolfenstein and Doom. My handle at the time was Blade. As more of the games came out, I started making a reputation for myself with that handle until the game Sin came out with... the default character name was Blade. That sucked having all those newbies running around with my handle since they were too stupid to change their character name, so I decided to change mine. Most of my gaming clan lived up north and were having a bitter winter, so KewlWinter was born, mispelling on purpose. I use this name on every forum I join now. My car is my avatar, of course.

HA! I too started with wolfentstein 3d and doom! Can't wait for Eternal next month!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine is a long story....... I created 'edrenaline' as kind of a 'brand' because I was becoming active on social media and wanted to try to stay anonymous ( I turned my basement into a big gaming setup). I was getting some widespread exposure online, and had thoughts/hopes of possibly eventually monetizing it all. 'edrenaline' just popped into my head as a play on the whole thing about adding an 'e' to stuff to indicate it's tech related. The logo is a 'e' with a headset around it since that seemed pretty relevant to PC gaming. If I'm allowed to post links, this is a small pictorial history of my setup

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine is a long story....... I created 'edrenaline' as kind of a 'brand' because I was becoming active on social media and wanted to try to stay anonymous ( I turned my basement into a big gaming setup). I was getting some widespread exposure online, and had thoughts/hopes of possibly eventually monetizing it all. 'edrenaline' just popped into my head as a play on the whole thing about adding an 'e' to stuff to indicate it's tech related. The logo is a 'e' with a headset around it since that seemed pretty relevant to PC gaming. If I'm allowed to post links, this is a small pictorial history of my setup
I wanna come over!!!!

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
692 Posts
The name is easy enough; first name is "Nathan", and I'm from Idaho. Yes, the license plates actually have "Famous Potatoes" embossed on them. As for the motorcycle in the avatar, that was the bike my dad bought new back in '74. He still has the crate panel with all the shipping info for when it came over from England. Search "1974 Norton Commando". After the bike sat in a storage unit for a quarter century and spending over a year reclaiming the bike from its current (deceased) owner's son, she's back in the family. The Norton forum was the very first I belonged to, so I just recycle the name and image.

Back in '74 behind the dealer's shop in my well-worn jean jacket:

As she appears today, and yes, she gets used regularly:

·
Registered
666 Posts
As she appears today, and yes, she gets used regularly
I may have mentioned this to you before but up until a few years ago, my brother had a '70 Commando, that he had bought as "just another used British bike" in 1977. Pretty much the same as yours except I think it had a bit higher rise bars and, of course, a drum front brake and 100 cc less displacement.

·
Registered
2018 Ecoboost Premium 201A Kona Blue
18 Posts
Simple, Gibby is a play on my last name, a nickname I have had since middle school. The 20 is because when I created the name online when I was 20(far from that now) and my Avatar is my Mustang.

·
Registered
Mustang 2019 Magnetic EcoBoost™ PP1 Metallic Convertible with MagneRide® suspension
15 Posts
Who am I on this forum? Oh, yeah—frank s. Nice guy, name is frank, added the "s" to distinguish myself from an earlier Frank arrival on a forum long ago. Would you believe AOL Chat? I've had quite a few other User names, some nice, some not-so-nice, a couple sort of clever.

One I tried to get the California DMV to put on a custom license plate, and they turned it down for I-can't-imagine-what-reason: MVNFNGR.
"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it."
the rubaiyat - omar khayyam - 11th century

Strange, seeing as how they quickly issued the one on my recent cars. Of course that was in the early 1970s.

Avatar? That's all I have, right now. I'll come up with something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been an Avid Hot Wheels Mustang collector for around 25 years. I have used MustangAL since the start, back when it was dial-up and Bulletin Boards. My Avatar is my Plates, Illinois Navy Veteran Plates. HW 68, Hot Wheels came out in 1968.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine is pretty self-explanatory. I think I was the first on the forum with a lightning blue, and joined a few days after I took delivery.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts