Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was installing a Catch Can (JLT 3.0) and while trying to disconnect the stock hose from the Lower Side PCV, it snapped off, and might've caused damage. I connected the catch can hose to the PCV Valve and tried to reconnect the PCV Valve to the engine block and it sits in place but the ring around the bottom of it won't snap or lock into place. The valve sits in place but how much of a problem is it that it's not locked into place?

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
286 Posts
I didn't respond originally bc idk .. but doesn't sound promising if you're right. How's it running? Pop any CELs? Feel around for any residue? my hose wasn't attached properly and i could see/feel oil,residue etc within days so i knew i did something wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't respond originally bc idk .. but doesn't sound promising if you're right. How's it running? Pop any CELs? Feel around for any residue? my hose wasn't attached properly and i could see/feel oil,residue etc within days so i knew i did something wrong.
No issues or signs of a leak around the PCV after a month so I'm guessing I'm fine. No codes or CEL's neither. My catch can has about a tablespoon of oil in it so it's collecting blow by at what is supposed to be a normal rate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think we're in the clear .. one more photo .. that ring? that doesn't lock , it swivels View attachment 39544
Yep that's the one. You're supposed to be able to put pressure on and it'll click back into place. Mine won't no matter how much pressure I put on it. It looks like it's because there's a chipped out part of the separator where the ring clicks onto.

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
286 Posts
You're supposed to be able to put pressure on and it'll click back into place. Mine won't no matter how much pressure I put on it.
i hope for best case scenario so when i read "put pressure on it and click back into place" im hoping that's a misunderstanding with the directions -- they mean put the fitting that's attached to the end of the hose over the valve and 'click' it back into place . the 'L' shaped valve doesn't lock - it swivels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts