Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else's outside mirrors do the "watusi" when you open the door? They move to a position at the limit and keep trying to go further. Ford keeps telling me they are working on a fix, but nothing. 2 1/2 years seems like an adequate amount of time to figure it out. Has anyone here had the same problem, and did you get it fixed? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
This is the first time I have heard of an issue with the s550 mirrors, my 17 and 19 haven't given me any issues either.

It's probably a simple problem it's just that ford techs these days are trained to replace parts but not diagnose problems.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I've read through the threads on this and the other forum and it seems like they just died out with no actual resolution. Most have had the motors replaced by the dealer as I have and the issue seems to be getting worse. I was hoping Ford would have come up with another fix by now. My service advisor at dealership doesn't want to return my phone calls, so I guess it's time for a face to face.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a ‘16 and mine does it - mostly on passenger side.

I just deal with it.
I figured that's what most are doing. Now it does it almost very time one of us starts the car. eventually somethings going to break or wear out and then, no more adjusting the mirrors.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have never experienced it in 18+ months and 22K+ km. My daughter moved the car one night and came in and told me the mirror did that. I don't know whether she actually observed it or just heard it, if the latter, the noise may have been the column lock going on as that noise is quite loud, even outside of the car. Of course, she also told me that the garage door was awfully close to the back of the car when she closed it and claimed to have driven up against the hanging tennis ball, which was a foot away from the windshield when I got in the car the next day.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hmmm my H2 Hummer had the same issue for awhile because they tied the mirrors to the power seat and reverse, to self adjust. If someone else got in and moved the seat the mirrors would act possessed until I reset them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts