Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 mustang ecoboost. I put in a new engine and have 400miles on it now. I have put in new spark plugs and have done a crank relearn. My car still misfires at idle and start ups with NO CODES. Please help

· Registered
1,754 Posts
I have a 2016 mustang ecoboost. I put in a new engine and have 400miles on it now. I have put in new spark plugs and have done a crank relearn. My car still misfires at idle and start ups with NO CODES. Please help
How can you tell that it's missing. Is it idling rough? Do you see the engine shaking more then usual? Do you have some gauges up that indicate misfire counts on idle? If it misfires enough you should see some trouble codes that indicate which cyl is missing.

· Registered
1,754 Posts
My cob shows me the miss count.
If it's a low count I wouldn't worry too much. These engines misfire from the factory and as long as the misfire counts are below a certain threshold it's nothing that will destroy the engine. I'd keep tabs on your ign corrections and see if you are getting consistent neg corrections or pos corrections.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's a low count I wouldn't worry too much. These engines misfire from the factory and as long as the misfire counts are below a certain threshold it's nothing that will destroy the engine. I'd keep tabs on your ign corrections and see if you are getting consistent neg corrections or pos corrections.
Fluid Font Gadget Audio equipment Electric blue

· Registered
3 Posts
Have you found the issue? I’m having the same issue. The dealership near me is charging me $200, but there is no code. Spark plugs look clean and car runs fine at high rpm’s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts