Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,212 Posts
I've had the Mishimoto installed for about a year now. Personally I think it looks better under the hood than the Roush, but to each their own.

The Roush puts the filter up against the headliner, where the heat is. The Mishimoto puts it down in the front fender where the colder air is.

Your call...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the Mishimoto installed for about a year now. Personally I think it looks better under the hood than the Roush, but to each their own.

The Roush puts the filter up against the headliner, where the heat is. The Mishimoto puts it down in the front fender where the colder air is.

Your call...

Now that I think about it you're right. Going to go with the mishimoto, also where'd you get the strut tower brace? That looks really nice.

·
Super Moderator
3,212 Posts
It's a Steeda brace. You can get it either direct from them, or through any of the big parts dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
don't spend your money for cai roush for myself ive got better 0 to 60 mph time with my oem cai than the roush i have made 5,9 sec with cobb tune and roush cai and 5,4 sec with cobb tune with oem intake and bone stock 6,7 sec with 3.31 gear ratio A/T convertible

·
Super Moderator
3,212 Posts
ok...

Don't get an aftermarket CAI if you're expecting gains from it with our cars. Testing has shown that the best intake for power gains is the stock one with an AirRaid intake tube.

Do get an aftermarket intake if that's what you want to do. If you're wanting to be able to hear the intake noise, the recirculation valve noise, and the the turbo spool up better, then any aftermarket CAI will do that. Style and looks are subjective. I only advise that if you're going for a "cold air intake" then get one that actually puts the filter in the path of cooler outside air, not underhood hot air.

Also, HEY NEW GUY @yogilours ! Go up and make an intro post! Tell us about yourself and your car, so that if you offer advise on a question someone else asks we know where it's coming from. This being your first post come across as a bit critical of the OPs choices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok...

Don't get an aftermarket CAI if you're expecting gains from it with our cars. Testing has shown that the best intake for power gains is the stock one with an AirRaid intake tube.

Do get an aftermarket intake if that's what you want to do. If you're wanting to be able to hear the intake noise, the recirculation valve noise, and the the turbo spool up better, then any aftermarket CAI will do that. Style and looks are subjective. I only advise that if you're going for a "cold air intake" then get one that actually puts the filter in the path of cooler outside air, not underhood hot air.

Also, HEY NEW GUY @yogilours ! Go up and make an intro post! Tell us about yourself and your car, so that if you offer advise on a question someone else asks we know where it's coming from. This being your first post come across as a bit critical of the OPs choices.

done thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts