Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
99 Posts
Alright Lads and Lasses, from what I've gathered from stalking the Focus ST forum is that Monster Tune has a decent history with and has praises from that community. The only real way of knowing if they're good for us is if one of us tries it.

I think it's pretty funny this post was made just as I had saved up enough "Car BS Cash" to go buy a pro-tune from either PurpleDrank / Tune+, so I might take one for the Eco Team and just go buy it and install it on my Cobb AP to find out what Monster Tune is really made of.

I'm not unfamiliar with doing risky stuff and trying new things but, has anyone come across any glaring red flags other than the grammatical / terminology mistakes found on their description for their tune? Like reports of ecobooms or just overall crappy experiences?

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Alright Lads and Lasses, from what I've gathered from stalking the Focus ST forum is that Monster Tune has a decent history with and has praises from that community. The only real way of knowing if they're good for us is if one of us tries it.

I think it's pretty funny this post was made just as I had saved up enough "Car BS Cash" to go buy a pro-tune from either PurpleDrank / Tune+, so I might take one for the Eco Team and just go buy it and install it on my Cobb AP to find out what Monster Tune is really made of.

I'm not unfamiliar with doing risky stuff and trying new things but, has anyone come across any glaring red flags other than the grammatical / terminology mistakes found on their description for their tune? Like reports of ecobooms or just overall crappy experiences?
I have not seen any other info good or bad about their tunes other than what has been posted here in this thread but have not searched for info either. It's the first I have heard about them.

If you bite the bullet for the team, please keep us informed of your experience with the product and its pros and cons.

BD

Reactions: zhent

· Registered
99 Posts
I have not seen any other info good or bad about their tunes other than what has been posted here in this thread but have not searched for info either. It's the first I have heard about them.

If you bite the bullet for the team, please keep us informed of your experience with the product and its pros and cons.

BD
Of course, I'll most likely make a post documenting my experiences here and wherever else the information might help Eco owners. I'm debating it heavily in my mind right now honestly, the main thing that I see as enticing is possibly being one of the first to come through with one of their tunes instead of the typical PD/Tune+/Bama tuned Eco's, but theres always a risk of catastrophic failure, though im sure it cant be worse than my OTS tunes right now lmao.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Of course, I'll most likely make a post documenting my experiences here and wherever else the information might help Eco owners. I'm debating it heavily in my mind right now honestly, the main thing that I see as enticing is possibly being one of the first to come through with one of their tunes instead of the typical PD/Tune+/Bama tuned Eco's, but theres always a risk of catastrophic failure, though im sure it cant be worse than my OTS tunes right now lmao.
I would hope it could not be worse than the OTS tunes available now either but actually better since they have been tuning Focus STs for a while and seem to have a good rep with those owners. I am interested indeed but for now will stay with my FP tune that still has 3/36 warranty but once that's up it will be a different story.

Let us know what you do.

BD

Reactions: jt.s550

· Registered
99 Posts
Very intriguing. Some more info on their tech blog here: Adapt-X Tune Technical Break Down – Monster Tuned Tech Blog

As I see it,

Pros
  1. Flash and done - no high speed test runs and calibrations to send back and forth.
  2. Might be better than other "canned" tunes.
  3. Might be safer than pro tune, with the ability to adjust to variances in octane (I like that it's good to E30).
  4. Works with all the mods I currently have installed (basically Cobb stage 3 stuff).

Cons
  1. Only works with factory wastegate (and maybe some other parts I might consider in the future?).
  2. No levels or stages, so like FP tune, you get what you get.
  3. No ability to squeeze a little more power out like a pro tuner might. Of course, that's a compromise and if the squeeze results in a catastrophic failure, this would be in the pro category above.
  4. No history on this forum with other owners, at least not that I've seen.
Font Screenshot Technology Darkness Multimedia

I sent him your list of pros and cons and I also asked him how long he’s been tuning our cars.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
View attachment 43554

I sent him your list of pros and cons and I also asked him how long he’s been tuning our cars.
That is a very informative response from their support team and does clear up some of the questions/reservations I had from first being made aware of them as another tuner. I do like that it still utilizes the ford adaptive learning strategies and profiles. I can understand needing some data logs from initial owners who are willing to be beta testers for them to insure they get the best tunes mapped for the 2.3 mustang platform specifically.

I may be willing to give them a try if FP tech does not get off their butts and make some headway on getting my current issues with the FP configuration function issues sorted out and resolved. It will be 6 months come Nov 7 so am losing patience fast.

BD

· Registered
953 Posts
@jt.s550 - Thanks for sending that to them and posting their response! Great use of the forum... Straight from the horse's mouth, as they say! 👍🏼 This does have me thinking... I may give it a go. I figure it's another option I could add to my AP, and I could always flash back to Cobb stage 3, if for some reason I don't care for it.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
It has certainly piqued my interest for sure. Unfortunately, I will have to pay Ford to return my FP tune back to stock before I can consider either option. :mad:

BD

· Registered
123 Posts
While I appreciate and respect the work & reputation PD & Tune+ have for remote tuning via Cobb and this thread seems to be posing an interesting additional Cobb option, I curious as to why more owners aren't using the Cobb network of dealers to go the custom dyno tune route, particularly those looking for something different or tailored. (Hmm that sentence got wordy quickly...)

Reactions: Buldawg76

· Registered
99 Posts
@jt.s550 - Thanks for sending that to them and posting their response! Great use of the forum... Straight from the horse's mouth, as they say! 👍🏼 This does have me thinking... I may give it a go. I figure it's another option I could add to my AP, and I could always flash back to Cobb stage 3, if for some reason I don't care for it.
No problem at all! You presented a great list and it would've been weird for me to not use it 😂

I think its an interesting option though I still lean towards PD Tune and Tune+, they just have a better standing with me in terms of their customer interactions.

· Registered
99 Posts
While I appreciate and respect the work & reputation PD & Tune+ have for remote tuning via Cobb and this thread seems to be posing an interesting additional Cobb option, I curious as to why more owners aren't using the Cobb network of dealers to go the custom dyno tune route, particularly those looking for something different or tailored. (Hmm that sentence got wordy quickly...)
I think going custom dyno tune is good for local shops but the e-tunes from PD and Tune+ are tailored and can work in conjunction with dyno days at said shops. Most big name guys in our community (not just PD and Tune+) just have a lot of product and knowledge out for the EcoBoost's so we're more comfortable with going with them.

· Registered
953 Posts
Well I just bit the bullet and bought their 87-93 octane adapt x tune last night. Now waiting to hear back from them.

I didn't read the tail end of this thread before I bought the tune so I guess I'll be the beta tester lol. I assumed they had already tuned some mustangs.
They have tuned other Ecoboost Mustangs. Poke around on their Facebook page. Interested in hearing your results. Good luck! I was actually ready to give them a shot myself, but something else came up and I'm probably not going to be able to do anything for at least a month or so, and I'm not really sure I want to be messing with the tune over the winter. We'll see.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
They have tuned other Ecoboost Mustangs. Poke around on their Facebook page. Interested in hearing your results. Good luck! I was actually ready to give them a shot myself, but something else came up and I'm probably not going to be able to do anything for at least a month or so, and I'm not really sure I want to be messing with the tune over the winter. We'll see.
Yea I have seen where they did a e30 tune mustang but haven't came across a 93 tuned mustang. The e30 mustang they did was hanging with a c6z06 in the video they posted.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
I received an email from him and he said he would start on it tonight.
We all here do appreciate you being the first to take the chance on one of their tunes and I hope it is as good as the literature implies since if you have good success with it, I may also look at it for the future when I am out of factory warranty.

It does seem to be a possible better option than the standard Cobb OTS tunes since I have not seen or heard that they keep the adaptive learning of the ford strategy operational like MonsterX states. That is a big plus in my opinion for sure.

Keep us updated when you receive the tune and how you like its performance.

BD

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Well I just bit the bullet and bought their 87-93 octane adapt x tune last night. Now waiting to hear back from them.

I didn't read the tail end of this thread before I bought the tune so I guess I'll be the beta tester lol. I assumed they had already tuned some mustangs.
Did you buy just the tune or the Cobb AP with their tune installed.

BD

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
We all here do appreciate you being the first to take the chance on one of their tunes and I hope it is as good as the literature implies since if you have good success with it, I may also look at it for the future when I am out of factory warranty.

It does seem to be a possible better option than the standard Cobb OTS tunes since I have not seen or heard that they keep the adaptive learning of the ford strategy operational like MonsterX states. That is a big plus in my opinion for sure.

Keep us updated when you receive the tune and how you like its performance.

BD

I am glad to potentially help introduce another option for tuning in our forum here. I have been researching it in the focus forums for weeks now and I've read nothing but good things about it, so I'm not too nervous about it.

I will definitely give updates regardless how it turns out.

I only have the cobb stage 1 to compare it to but I've been pretty happy with the stage 1 cobb so we will see.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts