Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,656 Posts
I just bought the 87-93 tune, I already have an ap. The tune is 300. For the 93 and e30 bundle its 400. I used promo code (monster10) it gives 10% off. So I paid 270 for the tune.
Have you received your MonsterX tune yet and if so, have you installed it. Eagerly waiting for update on how you like it and more importantly how your car likes it.

BD

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Have you received your MonsterX tune yet and if so, have you installed it. Eagerly waiting for update on how you like it and more importantly how your car likes it.

BD
Yes I did some revisions last Saturday and doing some more right now. He's working on correcting the timing retarding on TIP in even though it's showing zero knock. He said the mustang platform is the only platform he has seen do the retarding timing deal when there is zero knock, he doesnt have that issue with the focus and rangers. He reassured me he would get it figured out and would not settle until he does.
So far I will say it feels smoother and does feel like it came this way from factory. It's faster than stock but we are still working on revisions. He also said he would do me an e30 tune for free for doing all these revisions.
I'll update this thread when it's complete.

· Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
99 Posts
Yes I did some revisions last Saturday and doing some more right now. He's working on correcting the timing retarding on TIP in even though it's showing zero knock. He said the mustang platform is the only platform he has seen do the retarding timing deal when there is zero knock, he doesnt have that issue with the focus and rangers. He reassured me he would get it figured out and would not settle until he does.
So far I will say it feels smoother and does feel like it came this way from factory. It's faster than stock but we are still working on revisions. He also said he would do me an e30 tune for free for doing all these revisions.
I'll update this thread when it's complete.
Any updates as of late? Im curious to see how it reacts to e30

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Still no updates.

BD

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Still no updates.

BD
He's still waiting for cobb to figure out what's going on with the timing being pulled with no knock, not sure how long that's going to take. He said we can still continue tuning midrange powerband, but I haven't been able to do any more datalogs with the weather we been having (rain and snow).

· Registered
1,656 Posts
He's still waiting for cobb to figure out what's going on with the timing being pulled with no knock, not sure how long that's going to take. He said we can still continue tuning midrange powerband, but I haven't been able to do any more datalogs with the weather we been having (rain and snow).
Thats not good news, weather is not the best here either.

BD

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Yea he said he doesn't know if it's a software thing that needs updated or what it is, that's why he's waiting on cobb. He said most tuners just toggle everything off, so that's why they don't have that problem.
Glad to know they are doing it the right way instead of just toggling everything off to bypass the problem.

BD

Reactions: Phuckstain

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Yea he said he doesn't know if it's a software thing that needs updated or what it is, that's why he's waiting on cobb. He said most tuners just toggle everything off, so that's why they don't have that problem.
Did they ever get your monsterX tune back to you corrected and if so, how is it running for you.

BD

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Cobb still hasn't been able to investigate it yet. He showed me the email from them saying that they have been really busy with the new raptors and Sema. Although he is still giving me revisions to try meanwhile. Its running good, I'm liking it. Just got to get it ironed out I guess. I'll update you wen it's complete with the virtual dyno also.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Hope they get it took care of soon.

BD

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
He currently has covid and he still sent me another revision yesterday, but it's been raining in my part of town so I'll have to wait to datalog it. I think he wants to get mine nailed down before I update to much on here because he sent me a virtual dyno that I was impressed with but he didn't want me to share it here just yet. I look at it like i'm the beta tester getting everything ironed out before it will be turnkey for everyone else.
Although they're still working on some things, I have nothing bad to say about the tune or the process so far. He seems determined to get it perfect.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Sounds like Cobb is the one slowing down the process.

BD

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
She gets a little squirly when I floor it in 2nd gear (6speed manual) to give you an idea of how its running, and I'm sure the cool weather helps some but it still spins 2nd gear even when it's been 60 degrees outside. And without flooring it it still feels stock.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Mines an auto with the ford tune and it will spin on the 1/2 and 2/3 shifts in track or drag modes at WOT. They are fun cars when a tune is added. Definitely like cooler weather for sure.

BD

· Registered
953 Posts
Curious... if this tune was already being sold before, how good was it? It seems like this guy is doing a combo of his canned tune and a custom tune tailored to PS's car. Is the idea here that this will become his new canned tune to send out to anyone and everyone?

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
He hasn't had the chance to try his method of tuning out on a 15-17 mustang from what I understand. That or nobody has been willing to do multiple datalogs for him like I'm doing. From what I understand it's something to do with how the factory ecu is programmed (the neg timing corrections even though there's no knock).

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
He hasn't had the chance to try his method of tuning out on a 15-17 mustang from what I understand. That or nobody has been willing to do multiple datalogs for him like I'm doing. From what I understand it's something to do with how the factory ecu is programmed (the neg timing corrections even though there's no knock).
If you'd like, you could read about it more over on focus forums. That's where I stumbled acrossed it. He apparently has it dialed in on their platform. He seems like a pretty cool dude and has been very responsive. I don't think he's yanking anyone's chain, he's legit.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
So, has he gotten the tunes for 18+ mustangs already figured out or would he be using someone as a beta tester also like he is with you. Just curious since the 18+ are supposed to have more of an adaptive learning ability than the 15-17 models with the upgrade to the 10R80.

BD

41 - 60 of 67 Posts