Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I'm not completely sure to be honest with you. I do recall him mentioning something about the 18+ mustang in the video was Tuned for higher altitude..
I don't want to say too much about anything as I don't want to spread wrong information. I'll just leave it at for now he's still doing revisions on my car even though the car is running good and feeling good. I ASSUME once he gets it nailed down he will maybe come on our forum and answer any questions anybody has. Just like he didn't want me posting the virtual dyno he made just yet, he probably wants to get it good to go before I update to much about it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Found this thread in google and jumping in here.

I'm currently waiting on a log from this car, but what's going on here is that mid rpm range the car has NO ignition corrections from the start of the pull. This means that knock events didn't occur pre wot and corrections followed into the wot. These corrections come out of no where around mid rpm range with 0 registered knock events in all 4 cylinders. I do not see this occur on any other ecoboost vehicle we've tuned other than when I went back and checked logs from some RS's I've done I found something similar. I did not see this when tuning my 2.3 ranger tremor with SCT.

Rectangle Font Electronic device Display device Slope

I've looked at all parameters available to me in the cobb software and the tq src, spark source, spark source limit and torque reduction are all completely normal when this event occurs (borderline, driver demand torque, etc) Cobb engineering did not have an immediate answer for me but I'm currently waiting on a log from @Phuckstain to verify a most recent change I made. There's a table called "Timing comp, mult (All cylinders) that's 0'd out on the OTS map. The most recent revision sent contains this change. Based on the tables provided in the cobb software the OEM values don't appear to be causing any issues, however there's a chance that there's a table that's not mapped in cobb ATR and these values are applying to that unmapped table. Soon as I get a datalog from the revision sent 12/23 I'll have the answer to this theory and also I'll be able to send them to cobb engineering for feedback.

Font Technology Display device Parallel Terrestrial plant

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Thanks for chiming in and letting us know where you are at in the tuning process.

Welcome to the forum also.

BD

Reactions: Phuckstain

· Registered
4 Posts
Wanted to provide an update. Cobb hasn't been able to determine what's causing the ignition timing pulls when no knock events are occurring and all torque src's say driver demand so there's no torque control in affect.

I'm still testing some things, but weather has been preventing me from getting logs from the customer. Is there a mustang ecoboost with a cobb accessport local in San Antonio, TX that could potentially help me with troubleshooting this issue?

Font Screenshot Darkness Terrestrial plant Number

61 - 67 of 67 Posts