Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered but couldn't find any info on this. Just picked up a used 2019 EcoBoost and have driven it about 200 Miles and the MPG is still sitting at 22.4 and hasn't changed. It seems like it should have updated at least a bit. Is this normal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry if this has been answered but couldn't find any info on this. Just picked up a used 2019 EcoBoost and have driven it about 200 Miles and the MPG is still sitting at 22.4 and hasn't changed. It seems like it should have updated at least a bit. Is this normal?
Not if the previous owner never reset it. Trip2 on my Escape has been sitting at 23.6 for 3 years now because I only reset trip 1. Try resetting and watch it change.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Is your Ecoboost Mustang unmodified with factory tune?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not if the previous owner never reset it. Trip2 on my Escape has been sitting at 23.6 for 3 years now because I only reset trip 1. Try resetting and watch it change.
Thanks! I wondered that. I'll reset it tonight. Taking a 250-mile HGWY trip so curious to see how good of mileage I can get.

Is your Ecoboost Mustang unmodified with factory tune?
I am pretty sure the previous owner didn't modify anything. Seems stock and Car Fax shows dealer oil changes every 3 months. A couple of them there were less than 2000 miles driven between changes.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Thanks! I wondered that. I'll reset it tonight. Taking a 250-mile HGWY trip so curious to see how good of mileage I can get.

I am pretty sure the previous owner didn't modify anything. Seems stock and Car Fax shows dealer oil changes every 3 months. A couple of them there were less than 2000 miles driven between changes.
Bone stock with factory tune and a light foot, got me 30+ mpg on 93 octane fuel. I got my best mileage while watching the boost gauge and keeping the turbo in a vacuum. Just be careful not to lung your motor, be sure to downshift when accelerating.
Gas is a lot cheaper than a new motor...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bone stock with factory tune and a light foot, got me 30+ mpg on 93 octane fuel. I got my best mileage while watching the boost gauge and keeping the turbo in a vacuum. Just be careful not to lung your motor, be sure to downshift when accelerating.
Gas is a lot cheaper than a new motor...
Pretty amazed at this if it is accurate. Will know tomorrow when I fill up and hand calculate. There wasn't much traffic and I just set the cruise and let it do its thing.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Meh

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pretty amazed at this if it is accurate. Will know tomorrow when I fill up and hand calculate. There wasn't much traffic and I just set the cruise and let it do its thing.

View attachment 42694
By hand? I use an iPhone app called Mileage Keeper which tracks miles, gallons, and price (optionally) and can export to a .csv for charting in a spreadsheet.

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
245 Posts
Hand calculation is simply a different estimate. It ASSUMES that you used the same amount of gas as you put in the tank at that fill up, that there is no variation in the pressure of the fuel delivery, that the there is no variation in temperature or atmospheric pressure. Unless you are measuring exactly the amount of fuel burned and the amount placed back, you are substituting one estimate (the on board computer) for another (your hand calculation of the number of miles and amount of gas you put in the car)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts